Drug Store Gems: Maybelline Color Tattoo

Drug stores are really stepping it up a knotch and producing some AMAZING products! Color tattoos are cream/gel based eyeshadows reminiscent of MAC's paint pots. They have a stickier consistency than paint pots and tend to go on a bit thicker. I think this stickyness helps to create a better base for eyeshadow than paint pots do. Also, the colors are amazing! I put my MAC paint pot (in Rubenesque) on the swatch picture for comparison and you can see that the Color Tattoos produce as good if not better color pay off! And not to mention, the price! Paint pots are roughly $10 more than Color Tattoos (around $7). My favorite color so far has to be the Tough as Taupe. It's a matte shade that looks like a mix of brown and grey. It is a PERFECT base for so many eye makeup looks! (if you want to see more of the Tough as Taupe, I apply it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3lWUITh98
You can snag Maybelline Color Tattoos at any local drug store or Target!

The swatch shows in order from left to right: Tough as Taupe, Too Cool, Tenacious Teal, Pomegranite Punk and the MAC paint pot in Rubenesque