NARS lipstick: Madere: NOT CUTE! (on me)

Typically, I love NARS lipsticks! I had never tried the Pure Matte Lipstick of theirs before but I saw it in a magazine in the color Madere and really like how it looked on the model. I am quite shy with lipsticks and rarely wear them because I feel like most colors look super bright pink or red on me and I end up looking like a clown/hooker. On the model, this color looked like a really subtle nude, so I thought I should check it out! When I swatched it on my hand in Sephora I loved it, it was a nude/pinkish color. I didn't even bother trying it out on my lips! When I got in the car I couldn't wait so I put it on right away. YIKES! NOT CUTE! It completely highlighted all the dry patches on my lips and went on streaky instead of uniform and smoothly. It also paled out my lips so much I looked like a half-dead zombie!! Needless to say, this was NOT the color for me! Luckily, Sephora lets you return things you have tried and for a $25 lipstick I am not waiting around to see if it grows on me :-)
The picture I am posting makes this lipstick look a lot better than it actually does in real life because you can't see the dry patches and streaky-ness of it. However you CAN see how much it pales my lips, they blend into my skin!
Anyways, this would probably be a great color for someone else, and if anyone else has tried it I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section!!!

Sephora.com, Inc.

2 comments :

  1. Hmm, if it didn't go on so horribly, it's actually kind of great how much it pales out your lips. Could be perfect with the right outfit, mood, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I totally agree! If the lipstick was more moisturizing I think it would be a lot better, but since its Matte it dried my lips out! Color is def. cool though!

    ReplyDelete