Drug store foundation: Revlon PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse

I was at the drugstore and decided to try out this mousse foundation. It's something different and I'm always curious about the newest trends in makeup. The great thing about this foundation is that a little bit goes a long way. I thought because it was mousse you would need a lot of pumps to get enough. That's not the case though, less than one pump is completely sufficient for my whole face. Unfortunately, that's about the only thing I like about this foundation. When I put it on, it tended to sit on top of the skin instead of blending in and smoothing out to look more natural. I had to really work at buffing it in to get rid of that "foundationy" look. I also noticed that it sunk into the large pores around my nose, which no one wants to draw attention to. I had to do a lot of smoothing to fix that problem. I also really don't like the smell of this foundation. It has a kind of chemically type smell that is just unappealing. This foundation also doesn't really give great coverage compared to other foundations that I have. I think it's a really fun concept, and I wanted to like it, but I was really disappointed overall. This foundation may work better on oily skin because it will blend better with those natural oils than it did on my dryer skin. I did notice my skin didn't really get too shiny when I was wearing it, even after several hours. I really love foundations that look completely natural. I just had to work too hard with this foundation to achieve that look. If anyone has had better luck with this foundation please let me know!
*I used the color Shell. It was a little light for me but it wasn't too far off!