New MAC Eyeshadow $-saving technique!

My sister and I were looking around MAC over Easter weekend and were introduced to the new collection of shadows (Extra Dimension). The website claims that these shadows : Are a liquid-powder Eye Shadow with prismatic reflections in ten shimmering tints. Impact ranges from sheer crystallized light to a highly polished metallic effect. Lasts up to 6 hours.
 We were very intrigued by these eyeshadows and they were absolutely gorgeous when swatched. However, they were larger than the typical MAC shadow and $20.00 for one! We decided that there is no way we could use up the entire large eyeshadow, and $20.00 is super costly for one color. So, we chose to take a gamble and buy 2 shadows and try to split them in half! The desired end result was both of us having 1/2 of each eyeshadow. This way, we could get 2 colors for the price of 1! After thinking about the best possible way to split these shadows, my sister chose to use a needle. She started by carving a line with the needle down the center of the shadow. She then carved around the outside of the shadow and gently underneath it. After just a minute or two the 1/2  of the shadow came out seamlessly! We then transported each half so that we both had 2 colors in one pan! Although MAC probably would not approve of this method, it worked surprisingly well and allowed us to get the benefit of both colors without paying the $40.00! Hope you guys enjoyed this tip and definitely go check out the new line of shadows!

2 comments :

  1. Just FYI to readers, the shadows are mounted on a plastic mesh tray, if you try this method don't be surprised if you run the needle through the shadow to the bottom and feel an uneven surface, this did NOT hinder our removal of the shadow at all! Good luck if you try this, I was pleasantly surprised :)

    - Maddy's sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Those colours look gorgeous, by the way.
    xx, Kels

    www.misscouture17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete