AveeNO! My problem with Aveeno Positively Radiant Moisturizer

I saw a commercial for the Aveeno Active Naturals Positively Radiant facial moisturizer and I thought it was a great concept. The moisturizer claims to give you more radiant looking skin by brightening your complexion and evening out skin tone and texture. It also has SPF 30 which is great for summer and is Hypoallergenic and Noncomedogenic (won't clog pores). It is oil-free and all natural, all in all it seems like the perfect daily moisturizer. I had high hopes for this product because I love my Aveeno exfoliating body scrub and I love the idea of more radiant skin (who wouldn't right?) This moisturizer was also almost $20.00!!! which is very expensive for a drug store moisturizer...this made me think that it must be high quality. I have had basically the same facial skin care routine since 7th grade. The reason for that is I have very sensitive skin and tend to have bad reactions when I switch things up. I thought that the Aveeno would be fine because it is all natural and hypoallergenic. Unfortunately, I was wrong and this morning, after just about 3 days of using this moisturizer in the morning and at night, I discovered a hive-like reaction on my cheek. The area does not itch or hurt, but its certainly not attractive. It consists mainly of redness and raised areas. This is not a huge shock to me because i do know my skin is sensitive, but it was still a bummer. Not only was this product expensive, but I was really excited about what it claimed to do. FORTUNATELY, I was able to return this product to CVS because I had saved my receipt. ALWAYS save your drug store receipts guys because these days you can return almost anything...and it is so worth it to get your money back for products you won't use. This product, of course, may work perfectly well for other people, but I wanted to share my experience so people with sensitive skin, like myself, will know to be a bit cautious with it. Have you guys had similar experiences with products?

2 comments :

  1. Sensitive skin sucks! So annoying reacting to something that you think is going to be a great product x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh yes! And it still hasn't gone away! Grrr

    ReplyDelete