Trend: Gilded Eyeliner

I have been seeing a lot of pictures lately in the media and on various blogs of girls wearing metallic eyeliner. Metallic eyeliner has also been advertised by different cosmetic companies this summer as well (Stila, Illamasqua, Milani ect.). Using liquid eyeliner is a quick way to get a fun makeup look without much hassle. Typically we see black or brown liquid liner, but when the eyeliner is colored or shiny, it adds even more to the overall look! Liquid liner is one of those things that takes a little bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it it becomes very easy and takes very little time to do. Bronzey makeup is very "on trend" this summer, so I thought it would be a great time to try this metallic liner ! I was also inspired by Pixiwoo's (on youtube) "easy bright summer eyeliner". I found a gorgeous golden eyeliner by Milani at CVS for about $6.00 in the color Forever. It is more of a bronze than a golden tone, but I really like the look of it on the eye. You can simply apply the liner to the eye and leave it at that. Or, you can apply the metallic eyeliner and then apply a thin line of black liner over the metallic, close to the lash line, for added definition. This way, you get a hint of shine, but it is much more subtle and understated. The pictures below show you the way it looks with just the metallic eyeliner, and also with the black liner over top. Note with the Milani eyeliner, you need to wait 10 seconds or so after applying it before you open your eye or it will transfer to the upper lid :-)

Even Kim Kardashian is wearing it!
How do you guys feel about this trend, would you try it?

Metallic eyeliner only

Metallic eyeliner with black eyeliner overtop