Maybelline Eye Studio: Olive Martini Review + Swatches

These are great little palettes to add to your collection. The colors are already paired up for you so all you have to do is put them together in a way that suits your liking. This particular one is part of the Maybelline Fall 2012 collection, and the colors are so eye catching and perfect for the upcoming season. I saw this one on display at CVS and decided to purchase it because I had a $5 off coupon- I think these are insanely overpriced at almost $11, so without the coupon I would probably not have picked this up. That being said, I am really in love with the colors. The palette is part of the Color Plush Silk eyeshadow line, so they have a very unique, soft texture. This makes them easy to apply and blend. I have a few other palettes in this collection that have amazing color payoff, but for some reason the pigmentation in this particular one is not quite as impressive. The two darker colors come out strong right away, but the two lighter colors need several coats to build up the pigment. When I was trying this palette out, I really wanted the light blue to pop in the inner part of the eye. It took several coats to even get a slight color payoff and it still wasn't as strong as I wanted. Regardless though it is still a really nice color, just very subtle. The real star of this palette is the 3rd color, a duo-chrome browny-blue with shimmer. It is a very interesting color that I haven't come across before, and I think it will be really lovely for the Fall season. All in all, I am really happy with this purchase because of the great colors. The color payoff of the lighter shades may not be superb, but these colors look really nice together and are very wearable for day or night. Maybelline has produced tons of these palettes in every color you can imagine, so they are a great drug store find- at $11 they are still significantly cheaper than high end palettes. Hope you guys enjoyed this review, please let me know what you think of the palette!! xx

Olive Martini

1st color all over the lid
2nd color inner corner
3rd color all over rest of lid
4th color in outer corner and lower lashline