NOTD: Buttercup + Polka Dots

I LOVE this combination! The polka dot nail is from a set of nail polish strips I got at Sephora. I think the polish strips sold at Sephora are way overpriced, I think they are around $10!! I didn't realize they were that much until I got to the register and I loved the design so much I got them anyways. I found these to be really difficult to work with because the SECOND the strip touches your nail it adheres. So basically you can't re-position the strip at all, you have to get it exactly right the first time. When it touches the nail it kind of transforms into nail polish, so when you try to take it off it just becomes a gooey mess and I actually had to remove it with nail polish remover to get it off. However, I do feel like once these are on they won't budge for a while. They are definitely much stickier than the Sally Hansen brand nail polish strips. The buttercup yellow is a polish by Revlon called (shocker) buttercup! The formula of this polish isn't bad, although it can come off a bit streaky if you aren't careful. You have to work hard to get a solid color with no gaps. However, the formula is creamy and I absolutely love the soft yellow color!

3 comments :