Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick-Matte Pink Pout: Review + Swatches

I am absolutely loving this lipstick from Revlon-enough to make an entire review dedicated to it! I picked it up at CVS on a whim, I hadn't planned on buying it, but I'm so glad I did! First off, this lipstick has great pigmentation for a drugstore brand. I have darker colored lips so drugstore brand lipsticks don't always have the color payoff I need. I was happily surprised that this lipstick shows up perfectly well on my lips. Next, the color is so pretty and unique. It is a mix between rose, light pink, mauve and nude! I think it appears a bit more blue in my picture than in real life, but nonetheless you get the general idea. It's interesting because the color of the lipstick itself looks very mauvey-brown, but when swatched, it transforms into a lighter pink. This color is designated as being matte, but unlike a lot of matte lipsticks, it doesn't dry out my lips and highlight dry patches. I love matte lipsticks, but I often avoid them because of how drying they can be. This lipstick feels moist and hydrating on the lips, while maintaining a shimmer-free finish. I also enjoy the packaging on this product. It is reminiscent of MAC's permanent line of lipsticks-very simple, but has the feel of high quality. Plus, you can see the actual lipstick out of a small window at the top, which is incredibly useful when picking a lipstick from a drugstore-the small color displays are almost never a completely accurate depiction of the lipstick color. I think this will turn out to be a well used lipstick, as it is very wearable for both professional and casual occasions. I have heard great things about Revlon lipsticks, and the are proving to live up to the their reputation! What's your favorite lipstick brand?? xxx

2 comments :

  1. Hi , ummm you got something terribly wrong . People who have PINK undertones are COOL and look best in any makeup products that have pink or blue based tones .

    People who have YELLOW undertones are WARM and look best in products with yellow or peach based tones .