Autumn Trend: Burgundy Lip Color

This trend has been quite ubiquitous for some time now. We have been seeing it in the magazines, on celebrities and on the runways. I loved it right from the start!! I think this look is so dark and sexy and its such a nice change from our typical nudes and pinks. Using a dark lipstick is a quick and easy way to jazz up a very simple makeup look. You can use a slightly lighter burgundy for day time and shift to a deeper shade with gloss for nighttime. It will also look amazing on any skin tone! This is definitely a trend I will be following!!

Below are some options for wearable, yet eyecatching burgundy lipsticks. The gloss I have had for so long. I must have picked it up on a whim a long time ago and never worn it, I love when you can get new life from an old product! The ELF lipstick I actually got for free with another pruchase, but it is an absolutely perfect color for this trend. The Revlon Lip Stain and Balm is an easy winner- it stays on forever and it's a great deep wine color. Finally, the Revlon lipstick is a dark plum color that I also picked up on a whim a few months ago-this would be a better color for nighttime because it is quite "goth" looking. Would you guys try this trend? If so, what colors have you been loving?

ELF Lipstick: Gypsy

Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss: Bordeaux

Revlon Lip Stain and Balm: Crush

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick: Violet Frenzy

From Left: Gypsy, Bordeaux, Crush, Violet Frenzy