Holiday Tag!

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?

Somewhere in between! I definitely take Black Friday to eat leftovers and relax by the fire instead of fighting through crowds of vicious women at the mall. But I definitely do not wait until the last minute either. I usually have most of my Christmas shopping done by the beginning of December. Most times I actually start Christmas shopping well before Thanksgiving even happens. I get anxious about things getting sold out and picked over so I try and start earlier than later! I do most of it online, although this year I was able to get some great stuff for my Dad at the Orvis store which I was happy about!

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?
This is a hard one! Maybe The Holiday, partly because that's one of the only ones that comes to mind right now, but also because that little cottage in England looks so cozy- and who doesn't love Jude Law?

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

This is a good question! I think I like Christmas Day better. It's my sister's birthday and we usually make a big breakfast in the morning and open gifts and watch my dog beg for treats from her stocking all day. My Dad usually makes a fire first thing in the morning and it just feels special! Unfortunately  due to my sisters schedule (She's a doctor) she won't be home for Christmas this year so we are celebrating it on the 28th instead. So this year Christmas will kind of be like any other day! But you have to adapt to changing traditions and remember whats important on the holidays instead of worrying about sticking to specific guidelines :-).

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?

Ha, this has changed a lot in recent years because I'm 24 and my sister is almost 28 so putting up the tree way in advance isn't as big of a priority as it was when we were younger. This has varied a lot in recent years, but this year I believe it will go up about a week before Christmas.

5. White lights or colored lights?

I love colored lights on the Christmas tree! But I think white lights look so nice outside :-).

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?

Oh I TOTALLY was guilty of this when I was younger. I don't do it so much anymore though, I'd rather leave it as a surprise now! Except when it comes to my boyfriend and I we always tell each other what we want, it has worked out better that way.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?

Santa's Workshop! A gingerbread house sounds creepy and reminds me of Hansel and Gretel.

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!

When my sister and I were younger my Dad used to read us "A Night Before Christmas" every single Christmas eve. That was the only tradition that was really held to over all the years. Several years we also celebrated my sister's birthday on Christmas eve instead of Christmas day.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?

Actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I know he's married to a 40 some odd year old woman and has 2 kids but he's official my current celeb crush.

10. What tops your tree?

An angel!

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?

Actually no :-(.

12. Have you ever gone Christmas caroling?

Nope!

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?

I don't really do a "countdown" anymore. I love the holiday season SO much that I almost don't want Christmas to come because then it ends. I love the lights and playing Christmas music and burning holiday scented candles. The whole atmosphere just feels special! So I would have to say I enjoy the season more than the actual day now that I'm older.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?

Hmmm, probably hot chocolate, for one. I just bought some Bailey's to have in the house for yummy warm drinks- and who doesn't love the holiday cups at Starbucks!

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?

Christmas has kept so much of it's magic for me. Not so much the day, like I said earlier, but the season is still just as festive if not more! Now that I have my own apartment I can decorate it how I want and burn candles and make it all warm and cozy. I also love Christmas shopping and see all the lights and trees up everywhere. It really is the best time of the year!

I would LOVE for you to answer these questions down below or on your own blog if you have one!!

Don't forget to click the icons at the top right to "like" my facebook page and follow me on Pinterest!!