Essie Snakeskin Magnetics

I have been seeing this Essie Snakeskin magnetic nail polish for a while now but never had the urge to buy it until recently. I have never used a magnetic nail polish, so I had high hopes that it would create a cool and different effect. Well, all in all, I was super disappointed. First off, the magnet is on the cap of the nail polish bottle, and its kind of difficult to hold it close to the nail without nicking the wet polish and messing it up. When you do get it close enough, it barely works. On some nails it didn't even work at all, where as on others it created the snakeskin effect but only on one strip down the center of the nail, not on either side. If this worked, I think it would be so cool because the small amount that turned out well looked really neat, almost 3-dimensional. But unfortunately it was way too hit or miss- very disappointing especially for an Essie product that was around $10! The only redeeming quality about this polish is that the color is decent, I got Lil' Boa Peep, which is chrome color with brownish undertones. Its a nice color, but its not one I would have picked up if it didn't have the special effect. I left one nail done with the snakeskin so you could see, but I painted over the rest!

3 comments :

  1. What a bummer! I hope you got it at a place you can return (unless you just want to add the color to your collection). I have seen them too and have been tempted to try! Thanks for sharing your review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like theres some weird law about returning nail polishes, yeah it is a bummer but I'm glad you liked the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really excited when I bought this product. But, WHAT A FAIL! It literally did not work at all. I was so bummed. I'll just stick with my Nails INC magnetic polish. Have you tried that yet? It works amazingly! I get so many compliments when I use it.

    http://sandyloo117.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete