My FIRST Lush Purchases!

I feel like Lush is one of those stores that has a total cult following, and now I can see why! For those of you that don't know, Lush sells handmade, cruelty free soaps, lotions, bath bombs ect. with all natural ingredients. Upon first arrival to the store, those of you that are sensitive to smells may turn around and walk right out. It is like a blast of fragrance that almost knocked me over! But...I continued in because I HAD to see what all the fuss is about! A sales associate immediately approached me and offered help finding something. 9 times out of 10 I turn down the help because I like browsing on my own terms, but this time, I really wanted the input. I told the associate that I wanted an exfoliating soap. I am house/petsitting this week and didn't want to buy a whole body wash just for a few days, so I thought it would be a great opportunity to try something from this store. She ended up showing me Ocean Salt, a bestselling exfoliating scrub that contains coconut and avocado for moisture and lime and vodka for clarifying and brightening the skin. It contains sea salt (go figure) for the exfoliation. I was hesitant at first, but she insisted I try it on my hands. It felt amazing, very rough, which I like because I love the feeling of really scrubbing. But the best part was after I rinsed it off! It left a silky, smooth, moisturized feeling and that's what sold me. Not only does it smell fresh and amazing, but it exfoliates AND moisturizes. It can also be used on the face as well as the body. I love how its so natural but yet feels so luxurious. I wanted a soap as well and decided to get a moisturizing one. The associate showed me a chunk of soap with honey and caramel (Honey I Washed The Kids) and a soap with fruit and citrus (Sultana of Soap). Based on the smell, I went for the Sultana of Soap. I got to choose the amount of soap I wanted from the very large chunk and ended up spending around $9 on it. I brought my new goodies home so excited to try them! Well, my boyfriend ended up being the lucky first to try MY new soap! He came out of the shower and the room filled with this amazing, fresh and comforting scent. It just emanated off of him and that's how I knew that this soap was a complete gold mine! He even texted me later on that day from work and told me how awesome the soap was! I can't wait to buy us more to use! I short, I completely understand people's obsession with Lush. The associates are super friendly and helpful and the products are so lovely, perfect for gifts!! If you haven't stopped by yet, you should definitely check it out :-). Have a great night! xoxo