Simple Valentine's Day Nails

I went a little crazy with the Christmas nails so I wanted to do something really simple in honor of Valentine's day!

To do this you will need a light pink polish, a red polish, tape, and a heart hole punch

Begin by simply painting your nails with the light color (here I used Essie Mademoiselle which is a perfect French manicure color!). Then, once the base color is completely dry, take a piece of tape and punch a heart shaped hole in it using the hole puncher-you can get these for cheap at any arts and crafts store. I had a little trouble with this and it took me a few tries to punch the hole and remove it from the puncher without ripping the heart. The heart shape on my other hand is a little deformed, but close enough!
Place the punched tape so the hole is in the center of your nail. Seal down all sides and press your finger over the tape to make sure it's secure, it sucks when it bleeds through the edges! Next, paint over the heart shaped hole with your red polish. Wait a minute or two and then peel off the tape. Seal with a top coat and you're done!

There are a lot of really cute Valentine's Day nails tutorials out there, but I am really enjoying this simple and hassle free look. What have you tried?!

2 comments :

  1. I love this! What a cute idea. I'm not great at doing my own nails, but I feel like even I could do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like it! It is super easy and I think could be worn even if it's not Valentine's Day! xoo

    ReplyDelete