Bright makeup for Spring!

This has to be one of my favorite makeup looks that has been featured on my blog to date! I love the bright and glowyness of this makeup and I think it is the perfect pick-me-up while we are waiting for the nicer weather to set in! It is also super easy and a look anyone can achieve, if they are willing to be a little bit bold :-)!

Step 1: Apply foundation and concealer.
Choose a foundation that will give your skin a healthy, smooth finish
and a concealer that will brighten your eye area!

Step 2: Apply a light, shimmery blue eyeshadow all over the lid.

Step 3: Use a bright eyeshadow (I used MAC Nylon) to highlight the tear
duct area and underneath the eyebrow.

Step 4: Use a gold eye pencil to line your water-line and
smudge along your lower lash-line.

Step 5: The fun part! Apply a gold liquid liner all along your lower
lash-line over the gold eyeliner. I know NYX makes great ones, this one
is from Urban Decay and I love it!

Step 6: Apply several coats of a lengthening mascara to the
upper lashes. I chose to leave my bottom lashes bare.

Step 7: Apply a bright pink blush and lots of highlighter to the
tops of the cheek bones, cupids bow, center of the nose and center
of the forehead for ultimate glow-age.
I am well aware I'm "pouting" in this picture but it was the best one
that showed off the blush, ha!

Step 8: Apply a bright purple-pink lipstick!

You're done! A bright, sparkly look for the spring and summer!

What I Used
Revlon Colorstay foundation (I forgot how much I love this foundation
but the color is too dark for me right now, in some lights it looks orange :-( )
Sigma F80 Kabuki Brush
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Radiant
Covergirl and Olay Concealer

I started with a base over my whole eyelid using MAC paint pot
in Painterly
For the light blue color I used the 2nd to lightest color in the palette:
Maybelline Eye Studio in Olive Martini and applied it with a
Real Techniques Shader brush
For the gold eyeliner I used Stila eyeliner in Koi
The sparkly gold liquid liner is Urban Decay's Naked Cowboy
Finally, for Macara I used Illegal Length by Maybelline

For blush I used Maybelline's Dream Bouncy blush in Fresh Pink
and a Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
For the highlighter I used MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish

For the lips I used this Maybelline The Vivids color in Hot Plum, I am
obsessed with this whole collection and especially this color!!

Hope you enjoyed and have a great week XOXO

1 comment :