Coveting Cobalt

Cobalt blue on the eyes is a big trend right now, and I think a great one! It is bright, yet wearable and a fun option for spring. I also think it also looks so nice on any eye color and skin tone, making it a versatile look. I thought it would be fun to show how this color can be worn in both an understated and a more bold way!

The wearable look:
Step 1: Apply a white or nude base to make the color stand out more
I used NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk

Step 2: This part is really up to you, but I chose a silvery blue color
for across the whole lid, I think it works nicely with the cobalt.
This is an amazing color from one of the Bare Minerals Ready duo eyeshadow palettes
"The Flashback". Shadows from these palettes also last FOREVER!

Step 3: Use a pencil brush (like MAC 219) and blend a cobalt blue eyeshadow
along the lash line- making it thicker on the corner and winging it out slightly
The blue is Chaos from the Urban Decay Vice palette

Step 4: Add mascara and your done! No need to add anything
to the bottom lash-line if you want just a subtle pop of color.

To amp it up:

Step 1: Working from what you already have, use the same pencil brush
and blue color and make an arc above the natural crease, connecting it to the tip of
the original wing

Step 2: Line the outer 2/3rd of the lower lash-line with the bright blue
and the inner corner with the original silvery blue.

Add some false eyelashes if you so desire and your done!

What it looks like from afar

What I used:

Would you guys wear this color?! xoxo