Sweet + Simple Prom Makeup!

With formals season approaching young ladies everywhere are thinking about what they are going to wear and how they will do their hair and makeup. Will you get it done, will you do it yourself, or will you go au naturale and makeup free? Will you coordinate your makeup with your dress and will you wear your hair up or down? Heads are spinning right now with all of the options that come along with this exciting and *expensive* season. In an effort to save you or your parents some $$, try this quick and easy pink and purple makeup! I love this combination of colors because they will compliment any eye color and will work with just about any dress! Follow these easy step-by-step directions and you will have one "to-do" checked off your Prom list!

For foundation, the last thing you want is a cakey face. You want to look
fresh and glowing. Try using a small amount of foundation and a moist Beauty Blender, this will keep it very natural looking while evening out your skin-tone. It will not cover all blemishes, so you may have to go in with a separate concealer for those!
For under-eye concealer use something light and light-reflecting with good coverage.
Covergirl 3-in-1 foundation and Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer

Step 1: Apply a light pink eyeshadow all over the lid
L'Oreal Infallible in Strawberry Blonde
*Before you start, prime your eye and apply a cream shadow base to ensure
that your shadow will last! I used NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk

Step 2: Take a fluffy blending brush and sweep a purple shadow through your crease-
it doesn't have to be super neat!
MAC Banafsaji

Step 3: Apply some of the same purple eyeshadow to the outer 2/3rds of the lower lash-line

Step 4: Take a glittery purple liquid liner and line your upper lash-line with a small wing
Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Liner in Retrograde

Step 5: Apply a light, shimmery eyeshadow to the tear duct
MAC Nylon

Step 6: Apply mascara generously to the top and bottom lashes
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara

Step 7: Apply a peach-toned blush to the apples of the cheeks and work it back to the hair-line.
Apply highlighter to the tops of the cheekbones and a mattifying powder through the t-zone.
Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin, Physicians Formula highlighter, Maybelline Dream Matte Powder

Step 8: In highschool, I certaintly wasn't a lipstick wearer, so a neutral lip is a great option for
formals and will go with any combination of eye shadow you choose.
Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Private Viewing with L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm in Come To My Window overtop

Done!! This makeup is quite understated and very easy to do!
I hope you enjoyed! Xoxo

What I Used

1 comment :

  1. Step 5 really made your eyes open and pop! Great tip.

    ReplyDelete