May Favorites

I cannot believe the month of May is already behind us! For college students you have officially entered summer, congratulations! Nothing better than the feeling of NO HOMEWORK, papers, tests and all of the other crapola that goes along with school for a full 3 months. If you are a working gal and don't get summers off, at least the weather has finally shifted to summer status, in the northeast anyways! I'm finishing up an internship in a school so I will have somewhat of a summer break (perk of working a public school system), but I will be nannying all summer so I will still be pretty busy! I am excited to have more time to spend on my blog though :-). Anyways, here are the beauty and style items that I was loving this past month!

Shoes may seem like kind of an odd monthly favorite, especially ones that don't really look like anything special. These shoes are pretty basic, but they are an absolute staple in my wardrobe. They are hands down the most comfortable heels I have ever worn. I can wear them all day and my feet feel fabulous- I can run a marathon in them! They are by Nine West and have been on sale all month. I bought this pair and loved it so much I purchased the same ones in nude-on sale of course. These work so well with pants, skirts, capris-anything- they are my life.

Another style item- I have a curvy/pear shaped body and capris can be really tricky for me. They tend to accentuate my hips and aren't always very flattering. That's why I was really siked to find that these work on us bigger-hipped ladies. I took a gamble and ordered them online from Loft and was soo pleased when they fit perfectly. I always wear them with heels to get a little bit more length and elongate my legs. Another tip-order a size below your normal-this is what the reviews said and I totally agree. They stretch out really nicely making them super comfortable but if can become baggy quickly if you don't size-down. This is a fantastic pink color for spring and summer and I have been wearing them mostly for work.

Now on to beauty. I had purchased this foundation by Maybelline last summer in a very deep color because I was tan. I absolutely loved the way it made my skin look but I had to stop using it once my tan had disappeared. I finally saw this in the drugstore and decided to repurchase in my correct color (Classic Ivory). I find that it makes my skin look really smooth and flawless while keeping oil under control all day. An absolute drugstore gem!

I did a post on this (here). I have been using this powder like crazy lately because it creates the most flawless looking skin- like built in photoshop. The best part is that it does all this without looking powdery and cakey. It doesn't control oil as much as other powders, but it is a real must for that airbrushed look.

I bought this MUFE aqua cream a while ago, but it has been such a staple in my morning makeup routine since the weather has gotten warmer. This stuff lasts all day and unlike Maybelline Color Tattoos it does not dry out, even if you don't use it for months. The pink color (#16) is super wearable and understated for work, I slap it all over the lid and then use a little liquid liner and I'm done! If you have not tried Aqua Creams, I highly recommend them!

Last but not least, I snagged this Kat Von D blush on a whim at Sephora. I hadn't planned on getting it, but the bright color caught my eye and I thought it would be so nice for summer. When I got it home I wasn't too sure about it because it wasn't as bright on my cheeks as I had hope. With some wear and practice though I am really happy with it and have used it a lot recently! Have you tried any Kat Von D products? I haven't been all that impressed with them aside from this one. *Color is Por Vida*

That about does it for my faves for May, what are some of your most used products this past month?

3 Ways to Make Your Lipstick Last

Have a great night! XO

The 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

Another fun tag!

Greed:
What is your most expensive beauty item?
My most expensive beauty product is probably my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation or my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette.

Gluttony:
What product makes up the biggest chunk of your makeup collection?
I would say eyeshadow.

Wrath:
Which beauty item do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Definitely primer! I love primer but it always makes my skin react with little bumps- it's so frustrating! I haven't been able to find one that I don't react to.

Sloth:
What product do you neglect to use due to laziness?
Lipstick because you have to keep re-applying throughout the day!

Pride:
What product gives you the most confidence?
I would say mascara/false lashes and liquid eyeliner.

Lust:
Which item is at the top of your beauty wish list?
I really like the GlamGlow mud mask but it is super pricey. I also want NARS Laguna bronzer!

Envy:
Which product do you love on others but not yourself?
Super dark eye makeup.

I tag every blogger that stops by!

The Summer 2013 Lip Line-Up

I think lip color is one of the most fun things to experiment with. There are so many different options and it can really make or break an entire look! The great thing is you can find some of the best colors for this season at the drug store! No need to spend tons of money to get the look you want- in fact, all but one of the lip sticks shown here are drugstore! I picked some of my favorite colors for this coming season while representing both neutrals and bolds!

This is NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero.
I absolutely love this color! It is so bright and fun and lightens up your entire face! It is also super matte, which I love, but it will dry the SH*T out of your lips. Make sure to exfoliate before applying this or your lips will look like prunes! Regardless of the drying quality, I am obsessed with this color for summer!

This is Rimmel Moisture Renew Lip Stick in Nude Delight.
I like this nude because it is quite peachy so your lips still maintain some color instead of completely disappearing. It is also sooo moisturizing, no prune lips here!

This is Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Sunset Peach.
This gloss is fairly opaque for being a drugstore gloss which is really nice. It provides a subtle, corally, color and works great over other lipsticks! The picture shows it by itself.

Maybelline The Vivids Lip Stick in Hot Plum.
I ADORE this color. It applies so evenly and creates the perfect pop of pigment! I think this has to be my most favorite lipstick for the summer season.

Maybelline The Vivids in Wild Rose.
Another great color from this line by Maybelline. I highly recommend checking some of these out if you are into a bolder lip color! This color is unique because its bright, yet very rich at the same time.

Those are my top five lip colors for upcoming season! What are some of your favorites?!
I will be in Buffalo visiting my best friend for the weekend- everyone enjoy your long weekend! XO

Matte Color EXPLOSION Makeup

This weather has been making me want to stay far away from dark colors and embrace the boldest and brightest colors out there! It's so funny how affected we are by the weather. I wasn't entirely sure where I was going with this makeup, I got a little creative and it definitely turned out a bit theatrical. This is definitely NOT your everyday makeup! It kind of reminds me of something a Vegas showgirl would wear, ha! Regardless, it's fun to get a little crazy with your makeup every once and a while. I also used all matte shades, just for a change. Enjoy!

For foundation, I used my beauty blender to sponge in my Rimmel True Match.
I used a highlighting pen for underneath my eyes.

To start with the eyes, I applied a really heavy, white, cream base because
I wanted the eyeshadow colors to really pop!

Place a bright pink eyeshadow on the center of the lid. I made sure all the colors
I used were matte, use a blush if you don't have a pink shadow!

Next, pack a matte, bright purple shadow next to the pink on the outer part of
the lid.

Take a white shadow, matte again, and place it on the inner corner of the lid.

Take a mid-tone purple shadow and blend it in between the original pink
and purple shadows so that it is a soft transition. Also, blend the edge of the darkest
purple so it is not too harsh.

I forgot to take a pic, but first line the waterline with a
white eyeliner. Then, take a bright blush shadow and create the shape shown above.

You need falsies with this kind of bold makeup!

I skipped blush and just added a bit of bronzer. On the lips, use a bubblegum pink
lipstick to complement the heavy eye makeup!

Done!

What I Used

Thanks for stopping by! Xoxo

Almay Smart Shade CC Cream Review

By now most of you have probably tried or at least heard of BB Cream, the infamous "Beauty Balm" that originated in Asian and took the United States by storm. But have you heard of CC Cream? Yes it actually exists! CC stands for "Color Correcting" and, while BB cream smooths and re-texturizes, CC cream aims to reduce redness and sallowness in the skin. The Almay CC Cream provides broad based sun protection with SPF 35 and simply claims to color correct the skin. Annoyingly, the product isn't up on Almay's website yet so I can't get anymore deets. From what I have read about other CC Creams, most of them have great anti-aging benefits and other helpful ingredients to improve skin while you wear it. The Almay product does not seem to have these additional benefits.
My first impressions of the product aren't overwhelmingly good or bad. It is a lot like my Maybelline BB Cream except it provides a little less coverage and adds more radiance to the skin. It goes on lightly and definitely doesn't feel heavy while your wearing it, which is a plus, and one that you will get with most of these creams. It also doesn't have much of a scent to speak of which is typically a positive for most people.

Due to the added radiance and shimmer, this may not be the best option for those with super oily skin or those who are prone to blemishes. The shininess of the product will enhance oiliness and it also tends to make zits even more apparent. I think this product is best for those with skin that tends to be dry and dull. It will make your skin look more glowy, healthy and revived.

In terms of packaging, it is your typical squeezey tube. I actually prefer this type of packaging over the pumpless bottles that most drug store foundations come in. It comes with 30mL of product and retails for around $10. I chose the shade Light.

OVERALL:
A nice product, but certainly nothing mind-blowing. I like that it has a high SPF, but the added shimmer would make it hard to wear on the hot days coming up for summer. Also, it's disappointing that it doesn't have some of the skin-improving benefits that other CC and BB Creams have. I will probably end up using this product as a highlighter to add radiance to certain parts of the face. It can also be used in addition to your daily foundation to add a little bit of shimmer- just mix the two together!

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to enter the giveaway!

This or That Tag

I find these little tags on Youtube and I think they are fun to mix things up on the blog! For this one, you choose which you prefer out of two options, some of them are tough! I tag all of you to do it too!

MAKEUP:

blush or bronzer

lip gloss or lipstick
eye liner or mascara
foundation or concealer
neutral or color eye shadow
pressed or loose eye shadowsbrushes or sponges

NAILS:

OPI or china glaze

Long or short
Acrylic or natural
Brights or darks
Flower or no flower

BODY:

perfume or body splash

lotion or body butter
body wash or soap
lush or other bath company

FASHION:

jeans or sweat pants

long sleeve or short
dresses or skirts
stripes or plaid
flip flops or sandals
scarves or hats
studs or dangly earrings
necklaces or bracelets
heels or flats
cowboy boots or riding boots
jacket or hoodie
forever 21 or charlotte russe
abercombie or Hollister (neither?)
saks 5th or nordstrom

HAIR:

curly or straight

bun or ponytail
bobby pins or butterfly clips (do people still use butterfly clips?!)
hair spray or gel
light or dark
side sweep bangs or full bangs
up or down (I like both!)

RANDOM:

Rain or shine (100%!)

Summer or winter
Fall or spring
Chocolate or vanilla
East coast or west coast ( I love the west coast but I've been an East Coaster all my life!)

Just some silly information for your enjoyment, have a great day! XoXo

Perfect Drug Store Nude Lip + Giveaway!

If there is one thing that never goes out of style it's a nude lip. Its the perfect addition to any eye makeup and can be worn to any occasion. The hard part is finding the products that create a color that works for you and your skin tone. I found two drug store products, both by Revlon that create lovely nude lip. Its also nice because one of the products is long-wearing, making it suitable for the upcoming warmer weather. The products are Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Peach Petal and Revlon Ultimate Suede Lipstick in Private Viewing. When you put on the lipstick, it goes on smoothly and then dries to a sticky finish. This is kind of annoying but it makes the color last forever, and the stickiness can be taken away by wearing a gloss or lip balm over top. The gloss is your classic nude, and has a nice semi-opaque color that goes well with the lipstick. I think this combination of products would work on most people, and I would recommend giving them a try- just keep the receipt so you can exchange if needed :-). Orrrr instead of buying them you can enter my giveaway and I can send them to you FREE! All you have to do is leave a comment below telling me a post you would like to see. This can be a makeup look, a review, an informational post, whatever! I really want to know what my readers want to see and read about! You can leave as many comments as you'd like to up your chances of winning. You will win a brand new Revlon lip gloss in Peach Petal and Revlon Ultimate Suede lipstick in Private Viewing. The giveaway is limited to the United States!

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enter the giveaway!

Pocket Full of Sunshine Makeup

This has to be one of my most favorite makeup looks to date! I didn't exactly know what I was going to do going into it, I just had a vision of super bronzed glowy skin and bright eyes, and I have to say I am so happy with the result! I hope you agree! To see how to do it just keep on reading :-)

To get a nice, bronzed base I buffed Jouer Sheer Bronzing Tint into my skin using
the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. Buff, buff, buff until the product is seamless. The
last thing you want is a streak of brown across your face.

To get the smooth, glowing finish I wanted, I applied my Almay Wake Up foundation
in a color that is much too deep for me right now. This foundation has just the right amount of
shimmer to give the skin a healthy look without too much shine.

To start on the eyes, apply a super shimmery gold eyeshadow to the entire lid and all
along the lower lashline, including the tear duct.

Next, apply a matte bronzer through the entire crease. Use a windshield wiper
motion to blend it directly above the gold color.

To make it super smoky, apply a darker brown/bronze shade over the bronzer
you applied and heavily in towards the nose. Take this color all the way into the inner corner
of the upper lid. Also place a small amount underneath the gold on the lower lashline.

OMG this color and product is so unbelievable. It glides on like a dream and the color
is literally to die for. It is the MAC Chromagraphic eye pencil in hi-def cyan- obsessed.
Anyways, apply a thin line along the upper lashline and along the lower waterline.

For that added shine, place your brightest yellow-gold eyeshadow on the center
of the eyelid. Here I used a MAC pressed pigment in Flicker and applied it wet for added effect.

I went for a natural coat of mascara on the upper and lower lashes.

Another amazing color for Spring is this NARS lipstick.
Apply a nudey-pink, matte shade to your lips and a bright pink, shimmery
blush.

What I Used