Fun and Fresh Prom Makeup!

My last prom makeup tutorial was sweet, simple and just about anyone would feel comfortable wearing it. This one has a little bit more color and drama, but I think it is still very wearable for a fun occasion like prom! Follow these easy steps and look great at your special event!

Start off by using a brightening concealer or highlighting pen to add light to these
points on your face. This will ensure that you look fresh, bright, and glowing in your pictures.
To see a complete Kim Kardashian inspired highlight and contour tutorial click here!

Use a damp Beauty Blender sponge to blend your foundation into the concealer. A
small amount of foundation goes a long way when you use this technique and looks
really natural. Go for a long-wearing foundation like the one I used here-
Revlon Colorstay.

Take a very shimmery eyeshadow in an icy lilac color
and apply it to the inner third of the eyelid and the lower lash-line.

Next, apply a blueish-purple eyeshadow all over the rest of the lid
and over the rest of the lower lash-line. Softly blend the two colors on the lid together.
Here I used Ransom for the Urban Decay palette pictured at the end of this post.

To add dimension and a bit more color, take a medium purple/pink
shade and apply it to the outer portion of the crease of the eye.
Here I used Fishnet from the UD palette.

This is essential for the drama of the eye makeup. Use a black eyeshadow
and an angled eyeliner brush and apply a thick wing to the outer corner. Only take the
black eyeshadow 2/3 of the way along the upper lash-line, do not go over the lilac color,
we want it to stay bright!

No fancy occasion is complete without some false lashes!
These half lashes from MAC are a great option and much easier to apply
than a full set.

Apply a coral blush to the apples of the cheeks and blend back to the hairline.
If you so choose, apply a taupe blush or bronzer directly under the cheek bones
for contour. Apply highlighter to the tops of the cheek bones for extra glow.

To complement the eyes, apply an understated pink lipstick with a
neutral gloss over top.

And you're done!! Try this easy but gorgeous look for Prom or any other formal coming up!

What I Used

Thanks for stopping by!! XOXO

5 comments :

  1. I love the effect of the foundation here, it looks really natural and good coverage

    Dusterknuckles | Fashion // Beauty // Lifestyle