Matte Color EXPLOSION Makeup

This weather has been making me want to stay far away from dark colors and embrace the boldest and brightest colors out there! It's so funny how affected we are by the weather. I wasn't entirely sure where I was going with this makeup, I got a little creative and it definitely turned out a bit theatrical. This is definitely NOT your everyday makeup! It kind of reminds me of something a Vegas showgirl would wear, ha! Regardless, it's fun to get a little crazy with your makeup every once and a while. I also used all matte shades, just for a change. Enjoy!

For foundation, I used my beauty blender to sponge in my Rimmel True Match.
I used a highlighting pen for underneath my eyes.

To start with the eyes, I applied a really heavy, white, cream base because
I wanted the eyeshadow colors to really pop!

Place a bright pink eyeshadow on the center of the lid. I made sure all the colors
I used were matte, use a blush if you don't have a pink shadow!

Next, pack a matte, bright purple shadow next to the pink on the outer part of
the lid.

Take a white shadow, matte again, and place it on the inner corner of the lid.

Take a mid-tone purple shadow and blend it in between the original pink
and purple shadows so that it is a soft transition. Also, blend the edge of the darkest
purple so it is not too harsh.

I forgot to take a pic, but first line the waterline with a
white eyeliner. Then, take a bright blush shadow and create the shape shown above.

You need falsies with this kind of bold makeup!

I skipped blush and just added a bit of bronzer. On the lips, use a bubblegum pink
lipstick to complement the heavy eye makeup!

Done!

What I Used

Thanks for stopping by! Xoxo

6 comments :

  1. It's amazing how the false lashes make the look pop even more! I need to remember to wear mine more often :)

    Great post!

    Michelle
    http://mash-elle.blogspot.com