May Favorites

I cannot believe the month of May is already behind us! For college students you have officially entered summer, congratulations! Nothing better than the feeling of NO HOMEWORK, papers, tests and all of the other crapola that goes along with school for a full 3 months. If you are a working gal and don't get summers off, at least the weather has finally shifted to summer status, in the northeast anyways! I'm finishing up an internship in a school so I will have somewhat of a summer break (perk of working a public school system), but I will be nannying all summer so I will still be pretty busy! I am excited to have more time to spend on my blog though :-). Anyways, here are the beauty and style items that I was loving this past month!

Shoes may seem like kind of an odd monthly favorite, especially ones that don't really look like anything special. These shoes are pretty basic, but they are an absolute staple in my wardrobe. They are hands down the most comfortable heels I have ever worn. I can wear them all day and my feet feel fabulous- I can run a marathon in them! They are by Nine West and have been on sale all month. I bought this pair and loved it so much I purchased the same ones in nude-on sale of course. These work so well with pants, skirts, capris-anything- they are my life.

Another style item- I have a curvy/pear shaped body and capris can be really tricky for me. They tend to accentuate my hips and aren't always very flattering. That's why I was really siked to find that these work on us bigger-hipped ladies. I took a gamble and ordered them online from Loft and was soo pleased when they fit perfectly. I always wear them with heels to get a little bit more length and elongate my legs. Another tip-order a size below your normal-this is what the reviews said and I totally agree. They stretch out really nicely making them super comfortable but if can become baggy quickly if you don't size-down. This is a fantastic pink color for spring and summer and I have been wearing them mostly for work.

Now on to beauty. I had purchased this foundation by Maybelline last summer in a very deep color because I was tan. I absolutely loved the way it made my skin look but I had to stop using it once my tan had disappeared. I finally saw this in the drugstore and decided to repurchase in my correct color (Classic Ivory). I find that it makes my skin look really smooth and flawless while keeping oil under control all day. An absolute drugstore gem!

I did a post on this (here). I have been using this powder like crazy lately because it creates the most flawless looking skin- like built in photoshop. The best part is that it does all this without looking powdery and cakey. It doesn't control oil as much as other powders, but it is a real must for that airbrushed look.

I bought this MUFE aqua cream a while ago, but it has been such a staple in my morning makeup routine since the weather has gotten warmer. This stuff lasts all day and unlike Maybelline Color Tattoos it does not dry out, even if you don't use it for months. The pink color (#16) is super wearable and understated for work, I slap it all over the lid and then use a little liquid liner and I'm done! If you have not tried Aqua Creams, I highly recommend them!

Last but not least, I snagged this Kat Von D blush on a whim at Sephora. I hadn't planned on getting it, but the bright color caught my eye and I thought it would be so nice for summer. When I got it home I wasn't too sure about it because it wasn't as bright on my cheeks as I had hope. With some wear and practice though I am really happy with it and have used it a lot recently! Have you tried any Kat Von D products? I haven't been all that impressed with them aside from this one. *Color is Por Vida*

That about does it for my faves for May, what are some of your most used products this past month?

13 comments :

  1. The time ran so fast isn't it? Here in the Philippines, it's going to be rainy season soon! I love the shoes and the capri pants! :)