The Summer 2013 Lip Line-Up

I think lip color is one of the most fun things to experiment with. There are so many different options and it can really make or break an entire look! The great thing is you can find some of the best colors for this season at the drug store! No need to spend tons of money to get the look you want- in fact, all but one of the lip sticks shown here are drugstore! I picked some of my favorite colors for this coming season while representing both neutrals and bolds!

This is NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Bolero.
I absolutely love this color! It is so bright and fun and lightens up your entire face! It is also super matte, which I love, but it will dry the SH*T out of your lips. Make sure to exfoliate before applying this or your lips will look like prunes! Regardless of the drying quality, I am obsessed with this color for summer!

This is Rimmel Moisture Renew Lip Stick in Nude Delight.
I like this nude because it is quite peachy so your lips still maintain some color instead of completely disappearing. It is also sooo moisturizing, no prune lips here!

This is Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Sunset Peach.
This gloss is fairly opaque for being a drugstore gloss which is really nice. It provides a subtle, corally, color and works great over other lipsticks! The picture shows it by itself.

Maybelline The Vivids Lip Stick in Hot Plum.
I ADORE this color. It applies so evenly and creates the perfect pop of pigment! I think this has to be my most favorite lipstick for the summer season.

Maybelline The Vivids in Wild Rose.
Another great color from this line by Maybelline. I highly recommend checking some of these out if you are into a bolder lip color! This color is unique because its bright, yet very rich at the same time.

Those are my top five lip colors for upcoming season! What are some of your favorites?!
I will be in Buffalo visiting my best friend for the weekend- everyone enjoy your long weekend! XO

18 comments :

  1. Mac Girl About Town & Vegas Volt are two of my faves!