Classy Interview Makeup

With the school year coming to a close, lots of people will be looking for summer jobs or, if your like me, looking for a job for the fall. Some may also be interviewing for college, grad school, I feel like we are always being interviewed by someone or another! That's why it is so important to have a simple, yet composed makeup look to keep in your back pocket.

The way you look at an interview depends so much on what your interviewing for, but I feel like this look is very versatile and can be worn to interviews from retail jobs to finance positions. The makeup you wear also depends so much on what you are comfortable with. If you never wear makeup, you probably aren't going to go for a look with foundation, concealer, and a few different eye shadows. I did keep that in mind, though, and tried to make a look that is really wearable for even makeup novices!

To start, I chose to use a foundation that is super natural looking, but also has great coverage. Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua is the perfect makeup for that. Even if you have never worn foundation in your life, you could put this on and have instantly flawless skin without a heavy feel or a cake face. Just remember to shake well first! For concealer, I did what I always do, which is my NARS Radiant Concealer with my Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch for extra help on the darkest area. It's important to feel comfortable on your interview day, I feel the most confident when my dark circles are covered and my skin has been evened out, so that is why I went with these products :-).

Primer! No one wants streaky oil-lids at an interview. I love the NARS primer, yes even over the infamous Urban Decay primer. This is a step you don't want to skip!

For additional shadow insurance as well as a nicely evened-out lid, I used my MAC Paint Pot in Painterly over the primer.

When I want matte, neutral shadows, I instantly grab my Louise Young palette. For this look, I began with the lightest color in the palette, the matte white. This is a great base color for a sophisticated eyeshadow look.

The next step is to add a bit of the next shadow in the palette gently to the outer corner and a bit through the crease. Use a light hand when applying these shadows as you don't want to look too overdone, and you can always build! This just helps to add a bit of definition to your eye without added drama.

I chose to add the next darkest color in the palette to the crease for added definition. This step is definitely optional as it will look a bit more made-up. Just take a tiny amount on the end of a MAC 239 and place it right in the outer crease. Then, take a clean brush and blend it out thoroughly.

To finish off the eye shadow, use an angled brush and a matte, black shadow and trace along the upper lashline. Using a shadow verses a liquid or gel liner will create a softer and more understated look. I can't lie, I'm a flick gal- I feel the most confident when I have a little wing verses when I just line the upper lash-line. Since we want to feel our best in an interview, I, of course, winged out this black shadow a bit, but that is entirely up to you!

Mascara is a must to finish off the look. Curl your eyelashes prier to mascara to make you look more awake. Use your favorite smudge-free mascara and give your eyelashes a coat or two! I also always use mascara on my lower lashes, but if that is not something you are used to, certainly skip it!

One of my favorite tricks- use a flesh colored liner just on the center of the lower water-line. This opens up your eye and helps you look bright and alert!

If you are solely an eyeshadow gal, stop the look here! For me, if I wear foundation I have to wear blush or I look way to washed out. I chose a very natural, and suckily pigmented (haha) blush for just a tiny, almost un-noticeable touch of color.

To complete the face, I gotta have my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder. It settles my foundation in nicely and blurs imperfections :-).

This color is so perfect for an interview. It's extremely natural looking, but won't give you that 60's "i don't have lips" vibe. This is Nude Delight from Rimmel.

And your done and ready to kick ass in your interview!!

Materials Used

And finally some interview tips-Some of which I have learned the hard way :-/

-Do not bring coffee or any other beverage into your interview unless its water
-Do not go on your cell phone while your waiting to be called in (trust me they notice), in fact-leave it in the car
-Always overdress for an interview, a suit with closed-toe shoes is always a safe bet
-Make sure your nails are clean and kept looking
-Smile and make eye contact when greeting each member of the interview committee
-Always send a thank you card if it is a formal interview
-Be at least 15 minutes early
-Bring copies of all your paperwork, enough for a committee of 5+ people
-Bring extra paperwork that you think they may ask for (i.e., something that wasn't required initially like a sample of your work)
-Be yourself, but avoid "ums" and place fillers (I suck at this!!)
And most importantly, if you don't get the job, it is THEIR LOSS! haha, just kidding, but if you do get turned down, remember it's all part of the process and just continue trying to improve each time :-)

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! XO

21 comments :

  1. I love it. You have the best eyebrows!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com