Easy Grunge Makeup

I have been wanting to do a grunge-inspired makeup look for quite some time. I love this style of makeup, you don't have to worry about anything being perfect or just right because it's supposed to look messy! Plus, its really, really easy to do!

For base I used my Jouer Matte Moisture Tint. I definitely wanted a matte finish, but nothing too high maintenance looking. This product is perfect for that. I concealed under the eyes, of course!

MAC's paint pot in Groundwork is absolutely perfect for a grunge look. Its totally matte and its a cream product so it's easily blended and looks very natural. I took a fluffy blending brush and basically ran this all over the eyelid and up into the crease-again, nothing to clean or perfect looking.

Next, I took Groundwork and ran it along the lower lashline. Don't be afraid to bring it quite far down under the eye.

Take a dark brown, matte eyeshadow and a fluffy blending brush and work the shadow heavily into the crease and the inner corner of the eye. Also place some eyeshadow on the outer corner of the lid.

Take the same dark brown shadow and run it heavily along the lower lashline over Groundwork. Bring it as low as possible under the eye without looking too much like a zombie, just somewhat like a zombie ;-), remember that's the look your going for!

I think this step really elevates the look. Take a brown eyeliner and line the waterline.

Finish off the eyes with mascara. Apply it heavily and messily on the upper and lower lashes, try to avoid cleaning up the smudges!

I didn't want to use blush with this look, so I used my trusty NYX Taupe blush to contour.

Gotta have dark lips if its a grunge look! I would have gone even darker but this lipstick from MAC is the darkest I had! I applied the lipstick then dabbed a bit of a dark lip gloss just in the center.

Done! Your grunged out and ready for the 90's! I even wore a denim vest to complete the look ;-)!

Materials Used

Thanks so much for stopping by!! XO

41 comments :

  1. Love it! You have awesome eyes!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous look! Love that lip colour :) x