Sultry for Summer Makeup

Hey guys! I had an urge to use the silver color from my Lime Crime D'Antionette palette so I knew I wanted to incorporate it into a makeup look somehow. I came up with a cut-crease type look that would work great for a night out! I amped up the look even further with bright coral lips!

To start, cover the entire lid with a densely pigmented silver eyeshadow. This one from Lime Crime has a lot of glittery fall-out, so you may want to do your foundation and concealer last (which I didn't do-oops!)

To build depth, I applied some of the matte purple color from the same Lime Crime palette just to the outer corner and crease.

The real crux of this look happens with this step. Take a purple eyeliner and create the shape shown above. Draw the line above your natural crease so that you can see it when the eye is open. This is great if your like me and have a smaller eyelid. You want to use a kohl eyeliner pencil or one that blends very easily. I didn't have one so I used an eyeliner that sets very quickly, making it difficult to blend. Either way, directly after applying the eyeliner use a pencil brush to blend it out as much as possible-in my case it wasn't that much!

Because my pencil barely blended, I used a darker purple shadow to try and soften the line and create more of a smokey effect. For this step I used the darkest color in the Bare Minerals palette shown in the materials picture.

Line the water line with a-you guessed it-purple pencil!

I mixed the two purples from the Bare Minerals palette and smoked out the outer corner of the lower lashline. You can apply these shadows with the same pencil brush you used to blend the eyeliner.

Apply mascara! I also added more silver shadow to the center of eyeliner and highlighted under the brow bone a bit.

For the cheeks I just used my bronzer again because the eyes and lips are so full-on. On the lips I used Shocking Coral from the Maybelline Vivids collection. It is really much more pinky on me than corally, so I put a coral lip gloss overtop from Revlon.

Done!!

What I Used

Eyeliner is by Stila, bronzer is by Too Faced, mascara is by L'Oreal
Everything else is mentioned in the tutorial!

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! XoXo

27 comments :

  1. I love the brightness of the lip, it makes the look appropriate for summer!!!

  2. This look is wonderful! You look really lovely and I'll have to try the technique you did on your lids as I have small ones as well! I actually recently did a purple eye look on my blog too!
    xx Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous!! I've been wanting to pick up Shocking Coral.

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous