Summertime Sailor Makeup

A classic look with a few twists for summer!

Begin with a matte foundation and a good coverage concealer.

Like I do with many of my eye looks, I started with a white, cream eyeshadow base
with a matte, white eyeshadow layered over top. Take this all the way up to just under the brow.

Next, I used the 2nd color in the Louise Young palette (shown below) and worked it
pretty heavily through the crease. I ran the last color in the Louise Young palette above the first color for a little warmth.

To make this a little bit fun and sparkly for summer, I added a healthy amount of my MAC Reflects Glitter in Reflects Gold. To help this stick, spray your brush with a setting spray first and then use a patting motion to apply the glitter. If you are nervous about fall-out, wait until after you do your eyes to apply your foundation, and then you can clean up any glitter that has fallen with a makeup wipe.

I changed this up from your typical winged eyeliner by using a blue cream liner. I also brought it to a point in the inner corner of the eye for added drama.

To finish off the eyes, add a coat of mascara. I only applied it to the top lashes.

I skipped blush because I wanted the lips to be the main focus, but I did apply a pretty strong contour. I wanted it to be dramatic for the pictures, but for a more subtle, wearable look blend out the edges more.

I adore this orangey-red lipstick from the Hey Sailor! collection from MAC. It is such a must for summer and I think it brightens up your whole face. The pigmentation is also awesome. Unfortunately, like so many of their products, it is no longer sold!

And voila! You're all done!

This is a pretty simple look without too many complicated steps! Definitely do-able for even novice makeup addicts!

What I Used

1: Smashbox eyeliner palette
2: Louise Young eyeshadow palette
3: MAC Reflects Gold
4: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
5: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
6: MAC Sail La Vie
7: NYX Taupe Blush (Contour)

Hope you enjoyed! Xoxo

45 comments :

  1. BEAUTIFUL look! I love the crease color! It makes the look pop!