Sunburst Makeup

This makeup is great for a summer night out! There are quite a few steps but it is really quite easy!

I started this makeup with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk for a base. I love using this prior to dark eyeshadow because it helps the color standout and is a bit sticky which reduces fall out.

Next place a piece of tape along the side of your eye so that it creates a line between the outer corner and the tip of your eyebrow. This helps when your trying to make winged-out eyeshadow. Pack on a dark purple eyeshadow, I used MAC Beauty Marked because I love the shimmer it has in it. To get a really strong color payoff, you may have to apply, blend, and then re-apply until the color is dark enough. Apply it only to the inner corner and the outer corner, leaving the middle of the eyelid bare. Blend out any harsh edges with a clean blending brush.

In the center of the lid, apply a gold pigment. I used Bare Minerals High Shine Eye Color in Pale Gold. This product is absolutely awesome when you want tons of pigment and shine.

To darken the outer corner, apply a black eyeshadow over the purple-blend it inward towards the center of the eye. I just used the Black color in the Naked 2 palette.

Next, take a pencil brush and run it all along the lower lash-line. Blend it in with the winged eyeshadow.

Take the same gold pigment that you used on the top lid, and place it just in the center of the lower lash-line to mirror the what you did on the eye lid.

To intensify the shine on the top lid, I applied my MAC pressed pigment in Flicker just to the center of the gold. Wet your brush a bit before applying this product and it works much better! I love this pressed pigment!

For added intensity, line the waterline with a black eye pencil.

Finish off the look with a few coats of mascara and some false lashes! I used L'Oreal Million Lashes and some Revlon Falsies.

On the cheeks I just ran a bunch of bronzer just under my cheek bones for some contour and more of a sunkissed look. On the lips, I used this lovely nudey-orangey color from MAC's Hey Sailor! collection-Salute!

And that's it! All done!

What I Used

Eyes
MAC Beauty Marked, Nylon, Quarry, Flicker
-Nylon and Quarry were just used for blending and highlighter but didn't show up enough in a picture to make it it's own step :-)
Josie Maran eyeliner
NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk
BareMinerals High Shine eye color in Pale Gold

Lashes

Lips and Cheeks
Too Faced Pink Leopard Bronzer
MAC Salute! lipstick

Leave any questions about this look in the comments section! Hope you enjoyed this look! XO

102 comments :

  1. Your eye makeup is absolutely gorgeous !

    Fanny
    http://fannygrey.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the best makeup tutorials! Love looking at them for inspiration (:

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com