Vampire Chic Makeup

For some reason I am really drawn to dark lipsticks, I love the vampy-ness of them and the fact that they give you a darker edge. I love my MAC Dark Side lipstick, but the one I recently picked up by Kat Von D is really dark...bordering on goth and I absolutely love it! I know its the middle of summer, but I just felt like doing a dark and mysterious makeup with a little pop of color. Hope you enjoy :-)

To create a natural base, apply MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork all over the lid and along the lower lash-line. This doesn't need to be neat, just apply with your finger! Whenever I am working with darker colors, I wait until the eye makeup is done to apply my concealer, which is why I look a little tired in this pics :-).

Apply a lilac cream or powder shadow to the center of the lid and blend it. I used a MUFE Aqua Cream, I absolutely love this pastel lilac color.

Pack in a smokey grey shadow all around the lilac in a rounded shape. You may need to pack on a few layers to get the color intensity you want.

Use a nude colored eyeshadow and a fluffy blending brush to blend in the outer edge of the grey. Blending with a nude or tan eyeshadow helps fade out the color and make it look more soft and natural.

Line the waterline with a black pencil.

Use a pencil brush to heavily apply the grey eyeshadow to the lower lashline. This shouldn't look need but rather smudgy and grungy.

For added definition, line the upper lashline with a black liquid or gel liner.

Finish off the eyes with some mascara on the upper and lower lashes.

Time for the vampy lips! Apply Kat Von D's Homegirl lipstick or any other comparable rich, dark burgundy lipstick to complete this look.

Finito! A vampy, dark look with a hint of pastel on the lid.

What I used
1- Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork
2- MUFE Aqua Cream in #18
3- Urban Decay Vice Palette. Desperation for dark grey color, Laced for blending color
4- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Homegirl
5- Josie Maran eyeliner in Black Raven
6- Stila liquid liner sampler
7-L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Black

Hope you enjoyed! XO

Daytime Smoky Brown Eye

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting anything this week. It turned out to be a pretty tough week for me actually for reasons I'll get into another time. I'm trying to get back to my routine and back in the swing of things with everything including my blog. Here is an easy, smokey eye that is great for daytime!

To start, apply a taupe eyeshadow all over the lid. I used MAC Quarry.

Next, apply a highlighter shade to the inner half of the lid.

Darken up the outer corner a bit with a matte, brown shadow.

Take an angled eyeliner brush and a dark brown or black eyeshadow, trace a liner along the upper lash line with a small wing on the outer corner.

Finish off the eyes with some of the same highlighter shade in the tear duct area and a few coats of your favorite mascara!

I used Kat Von D blush in Por Vida on the cheeks and L'Oreal lipstick in "I Pink Your Cute" on the lips. Then your done! An easy daytime look.

What I Used
From left: MAC Quarry, Nylon, Dark Brown
Kat Von D blush in Por Vida
Naked Basics palette (used the darkest color for the liner)
L'Oreal lipstick in "I Pink Your Cute"
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara

Definitely more posts to come as I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. XO

Update

Hey gorgeouses! I am sorry for the lack of posts these past few days. I am visiting family in my home town in Upstate New York and will be going up to my boyfriends lake house until later this week. I have posts done that haven't been edited yet that will be up when I get back: a review of the new Tarte Airbrush Foundation and a gorgeous, easy, everyday smokey brown eye tutorial! Thanks so much for visiting and your continued support! Leave a comment below telling me where YOUR hometown is!!! XOXO

Pop of Color: 5 Ways to Wear VS Bralette

Hey guys! I recently purchased a bright colored bralette from Victoria's Secret and was trying to think of different ways to wear it this summer. This inspired me to do a post! Here are some options of shirts you can pair with this bright accessory!

I am OBSESSED with this "love" top from Express!
Shorts: Lucky Brand (same shorts in every photo!)

Last season top from Urban Outfitters

Black top from Express

Top from Forever 21

This shirt is at least 5 years old from Vintage Havana, but I still love it!

Hope you guys enjoyed this quick style post! Do you have any of these bright bandeau or bralette type things? If so, what do you pair them with!? Xo

Adele Inspired Hair + Makeup-Naked Basics Palette

Adele has such an iconic, modern-60's look. I have been thinking about doing makeup inspired by her for a while and finally got down to doing it! I'm not gonna lie, this look was really hard for me! Adele and I have completely different shaped eyes. Hers are large and deep set, mine are smaller and shallow set. I had to basically fake a crease to even come close to replicating her makeup. Her face really lends itself to 60's makeup, mine...not so much. So, I just did the best I could and tried to use Adele as an inspiration verses trying to replicate it exactly. I also wanted to try a hairstyle that looks like something she might wear. Check it out!

To start, I wanted a really even base all over my eyelid and up to the brow bone to set the stage for the fake crease. I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (shocker) and then W.O.S from Naked Basics palette on top. I stuck to all matte shadows for this look.

I know this looks really weird and messy, but I did this to try and map out where my fake crease would be. I used Tarte eyeliner in Golden Tiger's eye, you want the line to be above where your natural crease is. Make sure to choose an eyeliner that is easily smudged!

Then just simply blend out that liner so it is soft.

Use a pencil brush and blend over the smudged liner with a brown, matte shadow. I used Naked 2 and Faint from the NBP (Naked Basics Palette).

I wanted to "deepen" the crease and make it look more dramatic. Dark colors will always make something look more sunken in, so I chose the darkest brown shadow from the NBP- Crave. Use the same pencil brush and place the dark brown just in the center area.

To soften the line, I used the same pencil brush again and re-applied Naked 2 from the NBP

Apply a cream/skin-toned colored liner along the waterline. I used the Tarte Inner Rim Brightener.

The iconic black liner is a must for this look! I used Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Ink and a Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. I made sure to take the flick just under where the "fake crease" ended. The thickness of the liner depends completely on your eye. My liner has to be fairly thin for any lid to show ...if I were to do this over again I would make the line even thinner than I did!

Use whatever is left on your liner brush and liner the lower lashline a third of the way. You can use Crave and your pencil brush to soften the line a bit. Almost done!

Can't do an Adele inspired look without falsies! To make your lower lashes appear more "piecey" use the tip of your mascara wand.

To finish the face apply your foundation and concealer of choice. I actually waited until after my eyemakeup was done because I knew I was going to be making a lot of mistakes! I wanted the freedom to use makeup remover if necessary. I applied a really natural blush, Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake and a lot of contour (although you really can't see it here) using NYX Taupe. For a dusty rose lip, I used my Revlon Lip Stain and Balm in Honey. Powder the skin to get Adele's matte and flawless complexion and you are ready to move on to the hair!

As you can see, I had hot rollers in while I did my makeup. Hot rollers are really key to building volume!

Take the curlers out!

Next, tease and hairspray the roots. Sorry, but I just could not take a serious picture with my hair like this! My hair really does not tease well as you can see, but I tried my best!

Smooth over the teased parts so you keep the volume but loose the craziness.

To finish off just pull the hair back into a half pony tail, leaving the top puffy. I just used a clear elastic to secure it! I think this looks somewhat 60's/Adele inspired, but I do not claim to be a hair genius by any stretch!

And you're done! Sorry I didn't include a picture of the makeup I used but my camera died right as I finished taking my last pic! Every product is included in the descriptions for each step :-). Thanks for reading and leave any questions or comments below! I love reading them! Also...I only need a few more followers to reach 100 so please remember to follow so you can get all the updates!! Thanks so much! XOXO
I'm errrr-y where!!

Shh! The secret to removing WATERPROOF makeup naturally!

With the summer heat in full effect, everyone is busting out their waterproof mascara to prevent smudging and running. I have always been super averse to waterproof mascara because of how much of a b*tch it is to remove. There is nothing I dislike more than the feeling of going to bed with makeup on. So I have acquired veryy few waterproof mascaras over the years. However, with 90 degree heat and intense humidity, I have been left with no other options than to use my waterproof formulas.

For the past several months I have been using Josie Maran Argan Oil to gently remove my makeup in the shower, just regular makeup not waterproof. It gets what your makeup remover leaves behind and is SO much more gentle on the skin. I have really sensitive skin and too much makeup remover makes my eye area dry and irritated. I have a small sample size of Argan Oil that comes with a dropper. I just suck up a bit of oil in the dispenser and rub it all along my lids, then gentle massage the area. I love that some of the oil is left even after I finish washing my face...I feel like it helps to keep the area moisturized.

Anyways, as I said I have been forced to use waterproof mascara recently, and, as I normally do- I used my oil in the shower to remove my makeup. To my shock and surprise, the waterproof mascara was completely gone when I got out of the shower!!! I felt like I just discovered a buried treasure or something! My woes about waterproof mascara were instantly dispelled because I found a natural and GENTLE solution to WP makeup removal! I have tried this several times and each time, my eyes come out with zero raccoonage and perfectly clean lashes. I am now passing this information on to all my readers and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me!

A few coats of Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

Eyelashes after using my Argan Oil..absolutely NO leftover residue!

Let me know any tips and tricks you use!!! And, as always, thank you so much for the kind comments you all leave...they truly make my day, week, month!! XO

5 Minute Makeup Challenge!

Hey guys! It has been quite sometime since I've done a video, but recently I have had the urge to do them again. I have seen the 3 Minute Makeup Challenge circulating Youtube recently and it reminded me of the 5 Minute Makeup Challenge that was going around a little while ago. I thought it might be fun to try the 5 Minute one, and that's not really something you can do in pictures so I thought I'd just film it! I actually ended up not doing too hot with his challenge...definitely tried to do too much in NOT enough time!! Either way, I hope you enjoy watching it!

Please let me know if you like when I do videos sometimes. Thanks guys!! XO

Galaxy Brights Makeup

A lot of the time I plan entire makeup looks around one product, whether it be a lipstick, an eyeshadow or even a blush! Today this look was inspired by the Makeup Forever Aqua Cream #1 Anthracite. I have had this aqua cream for ages but I don't use it often because, surprisingly, I really don't wear dark makeup very often unless its for a blog post! This color is a gorgeous dark silvery-gray with hints of blue. The amazing thing about MUFE Aqua Creams is that no matter how long you let them sit unused, they NEVER dry out like the Maybelline CT's do. So even though this product has sat in my drawer for quite sometime, it was still as creamy as when I first bought it!

Let's get started!

To start, I applied the MUFE Aqua Creame # 1 in a very rounded shape over the entire lid. I do a lot of winged-out eyeshadow, so I really wanted to create a different shape to switch it up. This looks a bit patchy on my lid, but that's because I knew I would be blending it out with other colors, so I wasn't super concerned about it being perfect :-)

Prepare to look like a panda! Trace the Aqua Cream all along the lower lashline.

Next, take a dark blue eyeshadow and press it into the outer corner of the eye, keeping the rounded shape intact. For this step I just took a flat shader brush and literally pressed the eyeshadow over the Aqua Cream, just on the outer half of the lid. The pressing motion helps to reduce fall-out.

After re-discovering my MAC Stars n' Rockets eyeshadow, I decided to integrate it into this makeup. Take a pencil brush and blend it all along the outer edge of aqua cream. It creates this very ethereal, galactic look that inspired the title of this makeup!

A few steps in one! I lined the water line with a dark purple eyeliner, placed a little highlighting shadow in the tear-duct area and loaded on dark mascara!

This turned out to be such an awesome color! A really bright, milky fuchsia.

Done! With so much going on with the eyes and lips, I just did some simple contouring on the cheeks :-)

What I Used
1: MAC Vanilla Pigment (tear duct highlight)
2: MUFE Aqua Cream #1
3: MAC Stars n' Rockets
4: MAC Flashback
5: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black
6: Stila Smudge stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Purple Tang

1: Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 250 Fresh Beige
2: NYX Blush in Taupe (Contour)
3: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Pen in Radiant

1: NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight
2: Maybelline Fuchsia Flash from The Vivids Collection

Hope you enjoyed!! XO