4th of July Inspired Ombre Eyeliner

Hey guys! Here is a really simple, and suprisingly easy 4th of July makeup option! It's festive, yet understated enough to wear to just about any occasion!

To start, I primed the lid with primer, MAC paint pot in Painterly AND some mattifying powder. Fourth of July is usually a pretty hot day, so you want to be prepared for some oily lids! I also blended some Quarry eyeshadow from MAC into the crease for definition.

Before you go on to the next step, make sure you have some Q-Tips handy as the colors tend to transfer!

I used some of my trusty NYX jumbo pencil in Milk for this step, but any white, cream or powder shadow will do. To make this easier, use a fine liner brush to apply the eyeshadow. This gives you much more control  Place the white shadow very close to the lash line about a third of the way across the lid.

Next take a bright blue eyeliner and draw it directly next to the white another 3rd across the lid. Then, take the fine liner brush you used to apply the white, and blend the two colors together, creating an ombre effect.

To finish off the liner, take your darkest blue eyeliner and create a wing. Again, take the fine liner brush and blend the two blues together to continue the ombre.

To complete the eyes, apply some mascara. I left the lower lash line completely make-up free!

I'm using my favorite red lipstick again! No suprises that this MAC lipstick is perfect for a Fourth of July look! For the cheeks I applied a lot of highlighter and this great bronzing stick from Josie Maran (more info in the materials section). I didn't include a picture because its really hard to pick up the subtle color!

Done!!

What I Used

1-Mac Mineralize Skinfinish highlighter
2-MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
3-Tarte mattifying powder (sample)
4-MAC eyeshadow in Quarry
5-Urban Decay eyeliner in Electric
6- Covergirl LiquilineBlast in Blue Boom
7- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
8- L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
9-Argan Color Stick in Dusty Rose
10- MAC lipstick in Sail La Vie

Hope you enjoyed! Stay tuned for tomorrow when I will put up some 4th of July clothing options!

PS! Don't forget to check out Beauty Banter's Facebook page for update and other pics and info! I am also on Tumblr!

46 comments :

  1. Such a beautiful look! Very creative :)

    I wish that lippy was still available!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous