Adele Inspired Hair + Makeup-Naked Basics Palette

Adele has such an iconic, modern-60's look. I have been thinking about doing makeup inspired by her for a while and finally got down to doing it! I'm not gonna lie, this look was really hard for me! Adele and I have completely different shaped eyes. Hers are large and deep set, mine are smaller and shallow set. I had to basically fake a crease to even come close to replicating her makeup. Her face really lends itself to 60's makeup, mine...not so much. So, I just did the best I could and tried to use Adele as an inspiration verses trying to replicate it exactly. I also wanted to try a hairstyle that looks like something she might wear. Check it out!

To start, I wanted a really even base all over my eyelid and up to the brow bone to set the stage for the fake crease. I used NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (shocker) and then W.O.S from Naked Basics palette on top. I stuck to all matte shadows for this look.

I know this looks really weird and messy, but I did this to try and map out where my fake crease would be. I used Tarte eyeliner in Golden Tiger's eye, you want the line to be above where your natural crease is. Make sure to choose an eyeliner that is easily smudged!

Then just simply blend out that liner so it is soft.

Use a pencil brush and blend over the smudged liner with a brown, matte shadow. I used Naked 2 and Faint from the NBP (Naked Basics Palette).

I wanted to "deepen" the crease and make it look more dramatic. Dark colors will always make something look more sunken in, so I chose the darkest brown shadow from the NBP- Crave. Use the same pencil brush and place the dark brown just in the center area.

To soften the line, I used the same pencil brush again and re-applied Naked 2 from the NBP

Apply a cream/skin-toned colored liner along the waterline. I used the Tarte Inner Rim Brightener.

The iconic black liner is a must for this look! I used Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black Ink and a Real Techniques Fine Liner Brush. I made sure to take the flick just under where the "fake crease" ended. The thickness of the liner depends completely on your eye. My liner has to be fairly thin for any lid to show ...if I were to do this over again I would make the line even thinner than I did!

Use whatever is left on your liner brush and liner the lower lashline a third of the way. You can use Crave and your pencil brush to soften the line a bit. Almost done!

Can't do an Adele inspired look without falsies! To make your lower lashes appear more "piecey" use the tip of your mascara wand.

To finish the face apply your foundation and concealer of choice. I actually waited until after my eyemakeup was done because I knew I was going to be making a lot of mistakes! I wanted the freedom to use makeup remover if necessary. I applied a really natural blush, Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Coffee Cake and a lot of contour (although you really can't see it here) using NYX Taupe. For a dusty rose lip, I used my Revlon Lip Stain and Balm in Honey. Powder the skin to get Adele's matte and flawless complexion and you are ready to move on to the hair!

As you can see, I had hot rollers in while I did my makeup. Hot rollers are really key to building volume!

Take the curlers out!

Next, tease and hairspray the roots. Sorry, but I just could not take a serious picture with my hair like this! My hair really does not tease well as you can see, but I tried my best!

Smooth over the teased parts so you keep the volume but loose the craziness.

To finish off just pull the hair back into a half pony tail, leaving the top puffy. I just used a clear elastic to secure it! I think this looks somewhat 60's/Adele inspired, but I do not claim to be a hair genius by any stretch!

And you're done! Sorry I didn't include a picture of the makeup I used but my camera died right as I finished taking my last pic! Every product is included in the descriptions for each step :-). Thanks for reading and leave any questions or comments below! I love reading them! Also...I only need a few more followers to reach 100 so please remember to follow so you can get all the updates!! Thanks so much! XOXO
I'm errrr-y where!!

32 comments :

  1. this is look is so gorgeous! Love the way you created the fake crease xx

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. you have done such an amazing job! You look so much prettier than Adele, but your eye makeup is pretty identical xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie