Daytime Smoky Brown Eye

Hey guys! Sorry for not posting anything this week. It turned out to be a pretty tough week for me actually for reasons I'll get into another time. I'm trying to get back to my routine and back in the swing of things with everything including my blog. Here is an easy, smokey eye that is great for daytime!

To start, apply a taupe eyeshadow all over the lid. I used MAC Quarry.

Next, apply a highlighter shade to the inner half of the lid.

Darken up the outer corner a bit with a matte, brown shadow.

Take an angled eyeliner brush and a dark brown or black eyeshadow, trace a liner along the upper lash line with a small wing on the outer corner.

Finish off the eyes with some of the same highlighter shade in the tear duct area and a few coats of your favorite mascara!

I used Kat Von D blush in Por Vida on the cheeks and L'Oreal lipstick in "I Pink Your Cute" on the lips. Then your done! An easy daytime look.

What I Used
From left: MAC Quarry, Nylon, Dark Brown
Kat Von D blush in Por Vida
Naked Basics palette (used the darkest color for the liner)
L'Oreal lipstick in "I Pink Your Cute"
Maybelline Illegal Length Mascara

Definitely more posts to come as I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. XO

10 comments :

  1. beautiful make-up! You did a great job. :)

    I am Jenniya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really love this sort of makeup look and it really does look gorgeous!! Such a good idea to use a matte brown eye shadow to line the lashes as it looks so natural compared to a more harsh and dramatic black eyeliner. Looks beautiful on you as well!
    Love itsyaamina.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty look! Looks great on you. I love it!

    Zoe
    The Caribbean Flower

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks so natural! really pretty!

    andrea-herinfinitevariety.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lipstick really suits you! Really like the natural look! Please check out my blog if you have time xx www.momentsofbeautywars.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous look - very pretty!

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous daytime look! Definitely trying this out for coffee with the girls! xx

    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Thanks for sharing!

    http://polkaanddots.blogspot.co.uk/

    Brittany, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your eyeshadow! Looks so pretty!

    Kendra

    www.beautybykendrac.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I was looking at the tutorial pictures I had a feeling that was Nylon :) Very nice job!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete