Galaxy Brights Makeup

A lot of the time I plan entire makeup looks around one product, whether it be a lipstick, an eyeshadow or even a blush! Today this look was inspired by the Makeup Forever Aqua Cream #1 Anthracite. I have had this aqua cream for ages but I don't use it often because, surprisingly, I really don't wear dark makeup very often unless its for a blog post! This color is a gorgeous dark silvery-gray with hints of blue. The amazing thing about MUFE Aqua Creams is that no matter how long you let them sit unused, they NEVER dry out like the Maybelline CT's do. So even though this product has sat in my drawer for quite sometime, it was still as creamy as when I first bought it!

Let's get started!

To start, I applied the MUFE Aqua Creame # 1 in a very rounded shape over the entire lid. I do a lot of winged-out eyeshadow, so I really wanted to create a different shape to switch it up. This looks a bit patchy on my lid, but that's because I knew I would be blending it out with other colors, so I wasn't super concerned about it being perfect :-)

Prepare to look like a panda! Trace the Aqua Cream all along the lower lashline.

Next, take a dark blue eyeshadow and press it into the outer corner of the eye, keeping the rounded shape intact. For this step I just took a flat shader brush and literally pressed the eyeshadow over the Aqua Cream, just on the outer half of the lid. The pressing motion helps to reduce fall-out.

After re-discovering my MAC Stars n' Rockets eyeshadow, I decided to integrate it into this makeup. Take a pencil brush and blend it all along the outer edge of aqua cream. It creates this very ethereal, galactic look that inspired the title of this makeup!

A few steps in one! I lined the water line with a dark purple eyeliner, placed a little highlighting shadow in the tear-duct area and loaded on dark mascara!

This turned out to be such an awesome color! A really bright, milky fuchsia.

Done! With so much going on with the eyes and lips, I just did some simple contouring on the cheeks :-)

What I Used
1: MAC Vanilla Pigment (tear duct highlight)
2: MUFE Aqua Cream #1
3: MAC Stars n' Rockets
4: MAC Flashback
5: L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes in Black
6: Stila Smudge stick Waterproof Eyeliner in Purple Tang

1: Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 250 Fresh Beige
2: NYX Blush in Taupe (Contour)
3: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Pen in Radiant

1: NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight
2: Maybelline Fuchsia Flash from The Vivids Collection

Hope you enjoyed!! XO

33 comments :

  1. I love the mix of blues and purples; it looks really nice!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this on you. I know it is not an everyday look, but it really adds drama and light to your beautiful eyes.
    XX, Elle
    @
    http://mydailycostume.com/