Grungy Copper Makeup

I recently picked up MAC Coppering eyeshadow and it is SO stunning I wanted to center a complete makeup look around it. What I ended up with was a somewhat grungy, smokey look. Hope you enjoy!

Since I knew this was going to be a bronzey look, I decided to start with an Almay Liquid Shadow and Color Primer in the shade Nude. This provides a super sheer wash of color, but acts as a nice base and is actually a pretty decent primer. It could be used on its own for a really understated look.

Next I applied Coppering really heavily in the inner corner and blended over the rest of the lid, leave the outer third mostly clear. When I want a really smokey, sultry look I love blending the color in the area above the tear duct.

This is almost like a reverse smokey eye because the lightest color is actually going on the outer corner. I blended in the sandy colored shade from the Josie Maran palette (pictured below). Make sure to blend the two colors together and blend out the edges with a clean brush to make it soft.

Next I used a pencil brush to apply Coppering all along the lower lashline.

Coppering has a lot of red in it, so when placed below the eye you can almost look a little sick. To avoid that, I used a dark brown liner along my water line. I also applied a matte, white highlighter under the eyebrow to balance out all the shimmer going on on the lid.

To finish off the eyes I messily applied a dark mascara to the upper and lower lashes.

For the lips, I went with a peachy toned lip stick underneath a nude gloss.
On the cheeks I applied a bright pinky/coral blush, bronzer and highlighter (all shown in the materials section).

Done! I hope my fly-aways don't bug you guys as much as they bug me haha!

What I Used
1: MAC Coppering
2: Louise Young Palette- 1st color for eyebrow highlight
3: Josie Maran eyeshadow palette in Beautiful Blues
4: L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara in Black
5: Maybelline Define-A-Line eyelinger in Dark Brown
6: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk-for eyebrow highlight

1: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter
2: Kat Von D Everlasting Blush in Por Vida
3: Too Faced Leopard Bronzer

1: NARS Larger than Life Gloss in Spring Break
2: NARS lipstick in Barbarella

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! XO
Don't forget to visit my Facebook page and Tumblr!

42 comments :

  1. Love this look on ypu! Greek goddess works for you, and thanks for the how-to!
    XX, Elle
    @
    http://mydailycostume.com/