Shh! The secret to removing WATERPROOF makeup naturally!

With the summer heat in full effect, everyone is busting out their waterproof mascara to prevent smudging and running. I have always been super averse to waterproof mascara because of how much of a b*tch it is to remove. There is nothing I dislike more than the feeling of going to bed with makeup on. So I have acquired veryy few waterproof mascaras over the years. However, with 90 degree heat and intense humidity, I have been left with no other options than to use my waterproof formulas.

For the past several months I have been using Josie Maran Argan Oil to gently remove my makeup in the shower, just regular makeup not waterproof. It gets what your makeup remover leaves behind and is SO much more gentle on the skin. I have really sensitive skin and too much makeup remover makes my eye area dry and irritated. I have a small sample size of Argan Oil that comes with a dropper. I just suck up a bit of oil in the dispenser and rub it all along my lids, then gentle massage the area. I love that some of the oil is left even after I finish washing my face...I feel like it helps to keep the area moisturized.

Anyways, as I said I have been forced to use waterproof mascara recently, and, as I normally do- I used my oil in the shower to remove my makeup. To my shock and surprise, the waterproof mascara was completely gone when I got out of the shower!!! I felt like I just discovered a buried treasure or something! My woes about waterproof mascara were instantly dispelled because I found a natural and GENTLE solution to WP makeup removal! I have tried this several times and each time, my eyes come out with zero raccoonage and perfectly clean lashes. I am now passing this information on to all my readers and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me!

A few coats of Maybelline The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

Eyelashes after using my Argan Oil..absolutely NO leftover residue!

Let me know any tips and tricks you use!!! And, as always, thank you so much for the kind comments you all leave...they truly make my day, week, month!! XO

44 comments :

  1. awesome tip! I love josie maran!