Vampire Chic Makeup

For some reason I am really drawn to dark lipsticks, I love the vampy-ness of them and the fact that they give you a darker edge. I love my MAC Dark Side lipstick, but the one I recently picked up by Kat Von D is really dark...bordering on goth and I absolutely love it! I know its the middle of summer, but I just felt like doing a dark and mysterious makeup with a little pop of color. Hope you enjoy :-)

To create a natural base, apply MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork all over the lid and along the lower lash-line. This doesn't need to be neat, just apply with your finger! Whenever I am working with darker colors, I wait until the eye makeup is done to apply my concealer, which is why I look a little tired in this pics :-).

Apply a lilac cream or powder shadow to the center of the lid and blend it. I used a MUFE Aqua Cream, I absolutely love this pastel lilac color.

Pack in a smokey grey shadow all around the lilac in a rounded shape. You may need to pack on a few layers to get the color intensity you want.

Use a nude colored eyeshadow and a fluffy blending brush to blend in the outer edge of the grey. Blending with a nude or tan eyeshadow helps fade out the color and make it look more soft and natural.

Line the waterline with a black pencil.

Use a pencil brush to heavily apply the grey eyeshadow to the lower lashline. This shouldn't look need but rather smudgy and grungy.

For added definition, line the upper lashline with a black liquid or gel liner.

Finish off the eyes with some mascara on the upper and lower lashes.

Time for the vampy lips! Apply Kat Von D's Homegirl lipstick or any other comparable rich, dark burgundy lipstick to complete this look.

Finito! A vampy, dark look with a hint of pastel on the lid.

What I used
1- Mac Paint Pot in Groundwork
2- MUFE Aqua Cream in #18
3- Urban Decay Vice Palette. Desperation for dark grey color, Laced for blending color
4- Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Homegirl
5- Josie Maran eyeliner in Black Raven
6- Stila liquid liner sampler
7-L'Oreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Black

Hope you enjoyed! XO

17 comments :

  1. For some reason, this look reminds me of the Black Swan. Very cute on you though!

    Reviews Until You Drop