Tip of the Day

Hey everyone! For those of you going back to school I hope the transition has been as painless as possible!

Today's tip has to do with making our eyeshadow last all day. Whether its work, or school, most of us are looking to make our makeup stay on for 6 to 8 hours at a time. I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow DOES NOT stay on 9 out of 10 times, so I have figured out a few tricks to help it last as long as it can!

Before you apply your primer or your eyeshadow base, take a fluffy brush and apply your favorite oil reducing powder all over the lid. This can be a loose powder or a set powder, either one will work! This trick helps to reduce and absorb the oil that your eyelid is producing throughout the day, just like it does on your face, and will help your eyeshadow last a lot longer!

Hope this helps! Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!

Teased Ballerina Bun

Hey guys! I come to you today with a hair tutorial! Personally, I cannot do the sock bun, donut bun thing. I have literally tried every gimmick on the market to try and do it, and I just can't...for some reason it doesn't work well with my hair and I guess I'm just not skilled enough to do it haha! There must be an alternative! I love the look shown below because it looks a lot like the sock bun, but-does not involve a sock-! It is also really quick and should take under 5 minutes! It has been my go-to hairstyle a lot recently for busy mornings and when I am to lazy to do anything to my hair :-). Hope you enjoy! Xo

Thanks for stopping by! Xo

Tip of the Day: Contouring

Hope you all had a great weekend! The tip for today has to do with contouring.

When you want subtle definition, it is completely fine to use a bronzer. A bronzer and a large fluffy brush can enhance your cheekbones and give you a nice glow. Just make sure the bronzer is completely matte.

However, if you want to do a stronger contour, it may look more natural to use a taupe eyeshadow or blush with grey undertones instead of a bronzer with red or orange undertones- I am a huge fan of NYX blush in Taupe. Shadows are gray, not orange, so if you are trying to replicate a shadow, why would you use an orange or a brown powder...right?

Instead of a big fluffy brush, for an intense contour use a smaller brush, I love using the Real Techniques Setting Brush.

Hope this was helpful!! XO

Khloe Kardashian Inspired Purple Smokey Eye!

Super siked about the look I have for you guys today! I think it's so pretty and if you have green eyes, this makeup will literally make them explode out of your face...(because I know everyone wants that). I got my inspiration from a look I saw Khloe Kardashian wearing in a random picture I found online. Hope you enjoy!!

What I Used:
Rimmel Airbrush Foundation in Shell
Mac Prep and Prime Highlighting Pen in Light Boost
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Radiant
Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder in Fair
MUFE Aqua Cream in #18
Purple from Stila eyeshadow trio in Afterhours
Black shadow from the Naked 2 Palette
Rimmel Exaggerate eye pencil in Aubergine
Eyelure Lashes
L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara in Black
NYX blush in Taupe
NARS blush in Torrid
Benefit's Watts Up Highlighter
Tarte Inner Rim Brightener (nude pencil)
Lime Crime lipstick in Babette
Buxom Lip Gloss in Samantha
Thanks so much for stopping by! Don't forget to leave a comment and follow!
*Only one more follower before I reach 100!!!*

Photo of Khloe from http://blog.makeupbymario.com/

Tip of the Day

Did some fun stuff for the blog today, but until I have that all ready for posting, here is another quick tip! As I'm sure many of you have heard...one of the biggest misconceptions in hair, according to the experts, is that we all use our bobby pins the WRONG WAY! Apparently, the jagged side should always face inward, and the flat side should faced outward! I was pretty blown away when I heard this, and have since tried this new and "correct" technique. I have to say...it works better!!! It genuinely holds the hair more securely. It definitely feels weird to completely change the way I've used bobby pins since I was what...like 5 years old? But I am happy with the new way! Have any of you tried it!?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow! XO

MAC Pressed Pigment in Pink Pepper 2 Ways-Summer + Fall

Hey there! I have said it before and I will say it again, I am an ENORMOUS fan of MAC's pressed pigments. I owned Flicker and loved it so I decided to add Pink Pepper to my collection. I read online that it was a coral-type color, which instantly hooked me. I seem to be drawn to anything coral these days! As summer comes to a sad, sad, SAD, end, I start to think (as any normal person would)..what to do with my summer colored eye shadows?! That thought is what inspired these two makeup looks. How to turn a very summery shade into a Fall appropriate look! Check out my Summer inspired and Fall inspired looks!

What I used:
Almay Wake Up Foundation
Benefit's Erase Paste Concealer
MAC pressed pigment in Pink Pepper
MAC eyeshadow in Flashtrack
Cargo blush in Ibiza
Too Faced Leopard Bronzer
Physician's Formula Pearl Highlighter
Rimmel Lipstick in Nude Delight
NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight

What I Used:
Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation in #22
Benefit's Erase Paste concealer
MAC pressed pigment in Pink Pepper
MAC eyeshadow in Beauty Marked
Lightest color of Maybelline eyshadow quad in Spirited Seas
Stila Convertible Eye Color in Berry
Maybelline Bouncy Blush in Plum Wine
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural
Kat Von D Paint Love lipstick in Homegirl
Revlon lip gloss in Peach petal

Stay tuned to the end for BLOOPERS!

Thanks for stopping by!! Don't forget to follow! XO

Tip of the Day

Hey loves! With my scheduling getting a bit tighter as the school year gears up, I am not able to get makeup tutorials posted as often as I would like. It is my favorite thing to do, but it takes hours and hours to film/photograph and then edit, describe and publish each look. I hate that there is nothing new on my blog in between looks, so I wanted to start trying to get things up more often. Today is a "Tip of the Day!" I have picked up a lot of tips and tricks over the past two years researching and working with makeup and I love sharing them with friends, family and now my glorious readers!

Todays tip:

For subtle definition through the crease, don't worry about finding the perfect eyeshadow color- instead, grab your favorite matte bronzer! Use a blending brush such as a MAC 217 and gently blend the bronzer into the "sunken in" area above your eyelid. This will give your makeup a bit more of a smokey effect and will create more dimension, but using the bronzer instead of a darker eyeshadow color will keep it looking very natural. This is a great tip for those of you returning to school in a few weeks!!

Thanks for stopping by!! XO

Coral Brights Makeup

Another look for you today! It's a fun, summery look with bright, mostly matte colors with a focus on coral, which is one my all time favorites. Hope you enjoy!

What I Used:

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Lightest color from the Louise Young Esstential Eye Palette
MAC pigment in Neo-Orange
MAC eyeshadow in Free To Be
Faint from the Naked Basics Palette by UD

Too Faced Leopard Bronzer

Lime Crime lipstick in Cosmopop
Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in Killer Watt

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments, they make my day!!! XO

Airbrushed/Flawless Foundation Routine

Hey guys! There is nothing better than flawless skin. When I am looking for that really airbrushed effect, this is my "go to" routine! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks SO much for stopping by :-)!

Wedding/Formal Event Makeup

New makeup look for you guys! I wore almost this exact makeup to a beautiful wedding I attended this past weekend. Its quite dark and smokey, but very wearable for an evening event. I hope you guys enjoy!

What I used
From the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette I used:
Foxy, Bootycall, Busted, and Blackout
The black eyeliner I used for underneath the eye was Josie Maran's Black Raven
MAC Vanilla Pigment

L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara

Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Tarte Blush in Dollface

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Revlon Balm and Stain in Charm
NARS lip gloss in Turkish Delight

My foundation was Chanel Perfection Lumiere

Thank you SO much for stopping by! XO

10 Random Facts

Hey guys! My schedule has been a little wonky (hate that word but I continue to use it) lately and I haven't had a chance to get a makeup look done before I leave for a few days for a wedding. These "random facts" posts have been really popular in the past- which always baffles me because I'm like, who really cares? But I think its so awesome and I love it. I guess it makes sense because it really gives you an insight into me as a person instead of me as a makeup artist or beauty blogger :-). So here goes!

1. I have a terrible habit of biting/picking my nails, in fact I have been doing it every time I break from typing- Stop, Maddy, Stop!

2. I love reading, and just recently started "Gone Girl"-no spoilers please I know nothing about it, haven't even read any synopsis(es)..synopsis plural?.. !

3. My eye twitches every time after I sneezed (thought of that one because it just happened tee heee)

4. In college I developed allergies to cats and certain fruits such as peaches, nectarines, strawberries...that I never had growing up. I also grew up with two cats so the allergy was very random.

5. Although I am OBSESSED with animals of all shapes, sizes and dispositions, my boyfriend and I refuse to get a dog until we have a nice yard for him or her to romp around in :-)

6. I think books on tape are the best possible way to pass the time in a long car trip, or whenever in a car, especially murder mysteries or thrillers :-)

7. My blog will be two years old in January!

8. I like just about every movie Leonardo DiCaprio has ever been in, starting with Titanic, ending with the most recent Django Unchained.

9. I cannot start my day without coffee :-) In fact, sometimes if I'm near a Starbucks I'll get one even if I don't want one, there's just something about Starbucks that lours me in.

10. I haven't worn makeup during the day (aside from my blog posts) for the past 3 weeks and its been awesome! (Not trying to be a martyr it's just been too hot haha).

Bonus fact: I have never been a fan of chick flicks, give me a psychological thriller any day and I'm happy!

More random facts for your brain- because I know your life just wouldn't have been the same without them ;-). Thanks so much as always for stopping by my blog and for the amazing comments and feedback. XOXO

BTW Megalodon is probably the most terrifying concept EVER

Bronze Eyes + Bubblegum Lips

Hey guys! I wanted to do something a little different today and make a video of today's makeup look instead of upload pictures. It would mean the world to me if you gave it a click and checked it out! Sometimes it's just nice to switch it up! I SO love the amazing compliments you guys give me in the comments section! For this post I would love your FEEDBACK on the video.

Do you like to see videos once and a while?

How could I change the video to make it better?

Thank you!

Hope you guys enjoy!!!
XO

Mermaid Inspired Makeup

"Unda da sea!" These blues and mints give me such an ocean/mermaid vibe and I love how they look together!

To start, use a bright, mint eyeshadow and apply it to the inner half of the eyelid. I used Stila's Cha Cha, and applied it with a wet brush for stronger color payoff. You can't do this with a lot of eyeshadows, but I've found that you can with most Stila shadows!

Next to the green, apply a light blue eyeshadow and blend the two colors together.

Use a dark blue eyeshadow and a pencil brush to create this V shape around the crease. Blend the color towards the inner part of the eye so it fades out.

Use the same color and brush to apply some 2/3rds of the way along the lower lashline.

Apply some of the mint green eyeshadow to the inner corner of the lower lashline.

Line the waterline with a blue pencil.

Apply a thin line of liquid black liner along the upper lashline and apply false lashes!

On the face I used a lot of bright pink blush and highlighter (although you can't really see it here in this pic), I also applied one of my all-time favorite colors- Coquette from Lime Crime-to the lips. Other than that, your finished!

What I Used

1: Josie Maran eyeshadow quad in Beautiful Blues
2: MAC Flashtrack
3: Stila Cha Cha
4: Kat Von D blush in Por Vida
5: MAC MSF highlighter
6: Lime Crime Coquette
7: L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara
8: Clinique eyeliner in Intense Midnight
9: Stila liquid liner sampler

Hope you guys enjoyed XOXO!