Mermaid Inspired Makeup

"Unda da sea!" These blues and mints give me such an ocean/mermaid vibe and I love how they look together!

To start, use a bright, mint eyeshadow and apply it to the inner half of the eyelid. I used Stila's Cha Cha, and applied it with a wet brush for stronger color payoff. You can't do this with a lot of eyeshadows, but I've found that you can with most Stila shadows!

Next to the green, apply a light blue eyeshadow and blend the two colors together.

Use a dark blue eyeshadow and a pencil brush to create this V shape around the crease. Blend the color towards the inner part of the eye so it fades out.

Use the same color and brush to apply some 2/3rds of the way along the lower lashline.

Apply some of the mint green eyeshadow to the inner corner of the lower lashline.

Line the waterline with a blue pencil.

Apply a thin line of liquid black liner along the upper lashline and apply false lashes!

On the face I used a lot of bright pink blush and highlighter (although you can't really see it here in this pic), I also applied one of my all-time favorite colors- Coquette from Lime Crime-to the lips. Other than that, your finished!

What I Used

1: Josie Maran eyeshadow quad in Beautiful Blues
2: MAC Flashtrack
3: Stila Cha Cha
4: Kat Von D blush in Por Vida
5: MAC MSF highlighter
6: Lime Crime Coquette
7: L'Oreal Shocking Extensions Mascara
8: Clinique eyeliner in Intense Midnight
9: Stila liquid liner sampler

Hope you guys enjoyed XOXO!

6 comments :

  1. Lovely make up. Really like these colours

    Carrieanne x

    http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! I absolutely have to try it. Like right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your makeup tutorials, you do such a good job!

    http://facebeforelace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! That inner tear duct cor is amazing!
    Kallie - www.butfirstcoffeeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I have nominated you for the Liebster award! You can find out all the information HERE xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this makes me think of Ariel! Love the combination of colors!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions

    ReplyDelete