Tip of the Day

Hey loves! With my scheduling getting a bit tighter as the school year gears up, I am not able to get makeup tutorials posted as often as I would like. It is my favorite thing to do, but it takes hours and hours to film/photograph and then edit, describe and publish each look. I hate that there is nothing new on my blog in between looks, so I wanted to start trying to get things up more often. Today is a "Tip of the Day!" I have picked up a lot of tips and tricks over the past two years researching and working with makeup and I love sharing them with friends, family and now my glorious readers!

Todays tip:

For subtle definition through the crease, don't worry about finding the perfect eyeshadow color- instead, grab your favorite matte bronzer! Use a blending brush such as a MAC 217 and gently blend the bronzer into the "sunken in" area above your eyelid. This will give your makeup a bit more of a smokey effect and will create more dimension, but using the bronzer instead of a darker eyeshadow color will keep it looking very natural. This is a great tip for those of you returning to school in a few weeks!!

Thanks for stopping by!! XO

5 comments :

  1. this is a really great tip, I would never have thought to use my bronzer :) Also I love your blog, the makeup tutorials are great!
    zara

    lavieenrose-xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic tip! Thank you so much! Smashbox is such a great brand too! Thanks for the great post!

    Alice X

    http://brushofbeauty17.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did this today :) One of my favorite tricks!

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great tip, I love subtle make up! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Tip, and it jsut so ahppens that my daughter has this very product!
    Score!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com/

    ReplyDelete