Nicki Minaj Inspired Club/Futuristic Makeup!

Hi! I have been wanting to do a Nicki Minaj inspired makeup for forever and I am finally getting around to it! This is definitely NOT your everyday kind of makeup. For those of you that like to be a little adventurous on your nights out, this may be right up your ally! This is also a great option for a Halloween costume :-) Enjoy!

What I Used:
Tarte eyebrow pencil in Taupe
Naked 2 Palette-Blackout
MAC Press Pigment-Rock Candy
L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
Stila Liquid Liner
Khroma Lashes
Rimmel True Match Foundation-220 Soft Ivory
Mac Prep and Prime Highlighter Pen-Light Boost
NARS Creamy Concealer-Vanilla
Cargo Blush-Ibiza
NYX Blush-Taupe
Benefit Hello Flawless Press Powder-Champagne
Laura Mercier Powder Puff
Urban Decay Lip Pencil-Native
Wet n' Wild Lipstick-Pinkerbell

Thanks SO much for watching! XO

Fall Haul!-MAC, Urban Decay, OPI and more!

Hey guys! I have picked up a few makeup/beauty related items over the past month or so and some of them have been really exciting! I haven't really done "hauls" too often thus far in my blog life; not really sure why because I definitely buy way too much beauty and makeup sh*t and I might as well share my lack of self-control with you all! Anywaysss, check out what I purchased and let me know what you have been loving recently!

What I Bought:
-Urban Decay b6 Complexion Spray
-Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Native + Anarchy
-Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Lip Pencil in Native
-MAC Antonio Lopez 6 eyes in Creative Copper
-MAC Pressed Pigment in Rocky Candy
-OPI Liquid Sand nail polish in It's All San Andreas's Fault
-OPI Nail polish in Senorita Rose-Alita
-Ulta nail tools
-L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder Foundation
-Laura Mercier Ambre Vanille perfume

Thanks for stopping by! XO

Simple Statement Makeup for Fall

Happy first day of Fall! Hope everyone's first few weeks of school/work have been as painless as possible. The weather has been beautiful here in the Northeast which definitely makes the changing of seasons more tolerable! Not to mention PUMPKIN flavored everything which I cannot get enough of! I really love Fall, so I decided to do a simple, but bold look just right for the season. I think you guys will really like this one, it is understated enough for everyday wear and also extremely easy to do, but definitely makes a statement! Hope you enjoy!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! XO

Bare With Me!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to say how SORRY I am for the lack of posts recently. I am honestly swamped mentally with trying to learn a new job and beginning to plan a wedding. 5:00am wake up calls have not been helping! Working on my blog is one of my most favorite activities in the whole world- and it is actually really depressing to me that it has to be put on the back burner sometimes. I am going to work REALLY hard on getting some great posts up for you this week. Please bare with my and continue to stay tuned! Thanks so much to all my loyal followers- you are SO appreciated! XOXOO

Easy Warm Autumn Makeup

Autumn is here! Or at least it was earlier this week, now summer seems to have made a triumphant return in the form of a 100 degree day! I guess we should enjoy it while it lasts.

To get you back into the Fall mindset, here is an easy makeup look that's a great transition-er between summer and autumn! Enjoy!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Giveaway coming up! XO

Date Night Makeup

I absolutely love getting all gussied up for a night out! It gives me a chance to test out different makeup looks and decide whether or not I like them enough to blog about them! I love the look I did the other night so I decided it would be a good one to share with you! Enjoy!

What I Used:

Rimmel True Match Foundation in 220 Soft Ivory
MAC Prep and Prime highlighting pen in Light Boost
NARS Cream Concealer in Vanilla
Revlon Nearly Naked Setting Powder in Fair
MAC Banafsaji
MAC Nylon
MAC Dark Brown
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes mascara in Black
Eyelure Accent Lashes (Corner lashes)
Cargo Blush in Ibiza
NYX blush in Taupe
Tarte lipstick in Pure

NARS lipgloss in Spring Break

Tip of the Day: Applying False Lashes

Today's tip has to do with false lashes. When you are applying fakies, follow these simple steps and you will nail it!

1. Remove the lashes from their container and place them up to your eye. Make sure they won't be too long and irritate the inner corner of your eye. If they are too long, snip off the needed amount.

2. Pick up the lash with a pair of tweezers and apply glue. You can apply the glue to the lash directly from the tube or put a bit on your hand or another surface and dip the lash in. I personally like to apply straight from the tube. Use DUO glue or something comparable, you can get it at MAC, Sephora and many other places as well. DUO glue is waterproof and very gentle on the skin. It won't irritate your lids and peels off easily when your ready to remove your lashes without tugging or pulling!

3. Wait 20-30 seconds for glue to dry a bit. This will make it stickier and less slippery and therefore much easier to apply.

4. Tilt your chin up and look down, use your tweezers and drop the lash into place, as close to the lash line as possible.
*This will take practice! The more you do it the easier it will become and the better your lashes will look :-)

5. After you have dropped the lash, use your tweezers to stick one side of the lash down. Give that side a second or two to secure, and then secure the other side of the lash. I like to start with the outer corner and then secure the inner corner last, but this is preference!

6. Wait a few seconds to make sure the lashes are very secure and then take a Lash/Brow groomer, like the one sold by Real Techniques, and run it through your lashes to blend the falsies with your real ones. This will make them look more natural. You may also want to use an eyelash curler and curl both sets of lashes together.

7. This part is optional: Use mascara to further blend and mesh your lashes with the fake ones. I don't do this often because it makes it harder to re-use the lashes. But it can definitely make them look more natural!

After following these steps you should be good to go! And with DUO glue the lashes should stay put for hours and hours without budging!
Thanks for stopping by! Xo

Recent Beauty + Life Faves

Hi! As I think back and remember August...hot summer days, lots of relaxation, and all the joys of summer living come to mind. September has been quite a different story, learning a new job and figuring out all of the ways of a different system is tough and super overwhelming, but really interesting too! I'm sure many of you are going through it too starting school, college or a new job! To take your mind off all that annoying and stressful stuff, sit back, relax and enjoy viewing some of my favorite beauty and non-beauty favorites I have been enjoying in the past month!

Urban Decay b6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray
$33

I had a feeling that this would be super gimmicky and basically useless product, but I adore Urban Decay and I love the idea of a vitamin-infused spray, so I gave it a go. Surprisingly, I really like this stuff! It's subtle, but I do feel like after I spray this my face is less red and just generally better prepped for makeup. It's quick absorbing and comes out in a very fine mist, so you can apply your foundation seconds after spraying. This is absolutely NOT a necessity in your makeup collection, but if you are looking to try something new- this product is a winner!

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder
~$8

Unlike the UD spray, this wasn't a gamble, I had a pretty good feeling this would be a great product. It sat in my makeup collection, unused, for quite some time, but I'm happy to say it has become a daily addition to my makeup routine. I have been loving it for setting concealer during the hot days, especially when I need my makeup to last 8+ hours. It does an amazing job absorbing excess oil and looks natural on skin!

L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder
~$13

I have a confession, I have only used this ONE TIME, but it has already made its way onto my favorites list. It says on the bottle that this foundation doesn't work well with brushes or sponges, which is funny because I don't normally see that type of disclaimer. Although I am not usually a fan of this method of foundation application, I used my fingers to apply this foundation and found that it felt super light on the skin, looked very natural and had decent coverage. It also kept oil to a minimum all day! An all around winner for me :-).

MAC Pressed Pigment
$21

I have been obsessing over MAC Pressed Pigments. They are very pricey for an eyeshadow, but totally worth it in my opinion. The color payoff when used wet is INSANE and truly elevates any makeup look. Much to my wallet's dismay I will certainly be growing my collection!

Talia Low Heel Sandal from Loft
$35 on Sale

These are no longer being sold at Loft but I purchased these quite a while ago when they went on sale. I thought they were really cute and I loved the gold detail on the heel, but what I was most impressed by was how comfortable they are! The bottom is so cushiony and the straps are really soft, not plastic-y or irritating. I have been able to wear them all day without any pain! Plus, as a bonus I discovered these are almost an exact replica of a much more expensive pair by Sam Edelman!

Lastly, is a song! I am absolutely LOVING this song, I have been listening to it on repeat! It is like the antithesis of rap and hip hop songs of right now. Don't get me wrong, I love that music too, but I love how this song basically calls out songs that constantly talk about bling, diamonds, money, private jets, and stuff that most of us will never be able to experience or attain. It's a cool tune!

And that's it! Have a great night :-)

Tip of the Day + Exciting News

Hi everyone! Apologies for the lack of posts lately but something very exciting happened...my boyfriend of 8 and a half years and I got engaged last week! I also started my brand new job! Needless to say a lot has been going on, but I promise I will not drop the ball and I will get some great posts cooking this week/weekend. Until then, here is your Tip of the Day!

Picking your brow color:
If you have sparse brows, or just like to fill in the gaps, picking the correct fill color can be super difficult. Your tip today is to always choose COOL colors for your brows. Eyebrows have very grey undertones, and therefore warm eyeshadows look extremely fake when used on the brows. Anything in the taupe family (darker or lighter depending on your eyebrow color) seems to go well with brows. Also, go a shade lighter than your brow color unless you are purposely trying to darken and emphasize them. If you are going for the natural look, a slightly lighter color will help to define your brows without making them more prominent and pronounced.

These subtleties can be so obvious in natural light and can really throw off your look. When looking for a brow product, I recommend sticking to the best...Anastasia Beverley Hills is obviously the "go to," but most high end brands should sell nice brow products. I have a pencil by Tarte that I like and I have also heard good things about Benefit's eyebrow products. Don't get me wrong though, there are definitely great drug store gems, they just may take a bit more trial and error to find!

Thanks so much for stopping by and thank you for enjoying these tips in between more involved makeup posts! XO