Halloween: Big Eyed Kitty

Hey guys, I am SO sad I was only able to get one Halloween tutorial out before the day arrives! Don't you hate when life gets in the way of all the fun stuff? Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one and let me know in the comments what you plan on being!!

To start, line the waterline with a white eyeliner

Next, use a white cream eyeshadow (I used NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk) and smudge it heavily under the lower lashline. Try to cover your lower lashes as much as possible.

Take a black eyeshadow and an angled brush and draw a line underneath the while liner. Take the line up in a wing shape to help define where you want your liquid liner.

Now time for the cat-eye! Use a felt-tipped liquid liner (for precision) and create a large wing. Also take the liner underneath the eye and blend it into the black shadow you previously drew.

I took the black liner into the inner tear duct to create a more feline effect, but that part is optional! To get really big open-looking eyes, place false lashes on the top and below the white part of the lower lashes.

Don't forget the red lips for this look!

Meow! All done!

Can you believe I FORGOT the whiskers!? I can't either...so Photoshop helped me out:-)

Thanks SO much for stopping by! XOX

Shoe Picks for Fall!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all doing well. I am still busier than ever...trying to find time to breath! I guess it's better than being bored right..? Hmmm.. haha. Anyways, who doesn't love a few new shoe purchases for the start of a new season. I absolutely love Fall and Winter shoes and thought I would share some of my top picks with you! Maybe you will add a few to your wishlist :-). Enjoy!

This is one of those shoes that I have always loved the look of but never took the plunge and actually bought. I think they are so cute and so versatile!
$64

Along the same lines as the previous shoe I really like the look of these laced up, heeled booties. They are very Salem circa 1640 and I love that! I think they would look great with jeans or a cute skirt.
$79.95

This shoe popped up in an e-mail recently and I completely fell in love with it. I love the color and the thick heel. I think these would look so good with a pair of jeans!
$89.95

This shoe was posted on Steve Madden's instagram and I loved it! I really like the gold detailing!
$149.95

Another great combat style boot. I think these boots are perfect for Fall!
69.95

Who doesn't love a classic riding boot? These are so fantastic, I love the color and knowing Nine West they are great quality. Hard to pass these up!
$179.00

I really like this loafer-style shoe. A unique style and very wearable with several different outfits!
$99.98

Can't complete the post without a great heel! These mary-jane style heels are so fun and would look great with some black tights and a cute skirt. Might be a little tricky to walk in though, ha ha!
$59.95

Which is your favorite? Have a great night XOX

Tip of the Day: @ Home Manis

Hi guys! Hope you are all well! I am still busy as ever! I was actually back in my home town in Upstate New York this past weekend checking out wedding venues so I apologize for the lack of posts! Here is a quick Tip of the Day for your enjoyment!

To get a flawless do-it-yourself manicure, apply Vaseline to the entire cuticle area around the nail before applying your polish. Any polish that lands on your cuticles will be easily wiped away with the help of the Vaseline! No need for nail polish remover or scraping to get that stray polish off that makes your mani look sloppy. Just remember, if any vaseline gets on your actual nail make sure to remove it with nail polish remover before your base coat!

Thanks for stopping by and for your continued support!! XO

Check-In and Product of the Week

Hi guys! I hope you are all enjoying your Fall thus far. I can tell you mine has been BEYOND busy and stressful with this new job. I am feeling so overwhelmed trying to learn pretty much what the hell I am doing everyday and it has been leaving little time for much else unfortunately. I don't know about you, but sometimes if I have a bazillion things to do instead of get motivated to start tackling things, I shut down and don't do any of it. I am not sure why that is but it really interferes with productivity! I hope some of you have been doing a better job taking advantage of the perks of Fall- apple picking, hay rides, pumpkin picking, scented candles, wreaths, haunted houses..!

Because I haven't been able to film a tutorial recently or write up a decent review post, I thought I could at least manage a Product of the Week.

Erase Paste by Benefit Cosmetics
$26

Why I Love It

Extremely moisturizing
This product is so amazing for this time of year because it hydrates your under-eye area! Most of us set our undereye concealer with powder so the moisturizing effect of Erase Paste counteracts the drying properties of the powder and reduces that wrinkled look that happens with dried out undereyes.

Great coverage
This product does an amazing job of hiding not only undereye darkness, but also blemishes!

Longevity
This concealer comes in a little pot that seems like it will definitely be the gift that keeps on giving.

Any Downsides?

Packaging
One of the downsides of this product is the packaging. You need to use a brush to get the product out (I use the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush) because using your finger would probably get pretty unsanitary quick. I prefer something that I can just apply to my skin without that intermediate step.

Color Selection
Only 3 colors :-(. Fortunately the lightest color matches my skin perfectly.

Too Hydrating?
For those with oily skin, this may actually be too hydrating. On hot days in the summer I couldn't use this product because it would basically melt off and end up smearing my mascara if it wasn't waterproof (cute right?).

Overall, great product and a huge favorite of mine recently. What has been your product of the week??