New Years Eve Glamorous Gold-Naked 3 Palette

It's almost the new year! I don't know about all of you but I am sure hoping that 2014 is about a million times better than 2013. Before we kick off the new year, many of us have parties and shindigs that require great outfits and equally fantastic makeup. Stumped trying to think of a makeup look to wear? Try this one out! It's dramatic yet very wearable. I also used almost all of the colors from the Naked 3 palette which I imagine many of you makeup junkies got for Christmas! Enjoy! And I so appreciate your continued support :-)

Take Darkside from Naked 3 and the smaller end of the dual-ended brush and pack the color onto the inner corner of the lid. Don't be shy with this, the heavier the color in this part of the eye, the smokier your overall look will be.

Using Darkside again, and the same brush, pack the color onto the outer corner of the eye, leaving the center of the lid clear. You can also connect the two sides by placing the shadow through the crease.

To darken and intensify the outer corner, take Blackheart from N3 and place it over Darkside on the outer corner. Pack the color onto one side of a flat shader brush (MAC 219) and use the clean side to blend and sweep the color inward. This will give it the gradient effect that you see moving up through the crease.

Can't have New Years makeup without a little glitter right?! For this part I chose Museum Bronze pigment from MAC. Spray your brush with a bit of water or setting spray and press the pigment gently onto the center of the lid. Also apply some just to the center of the lower lash line. This creates a very ethereal and sexy look.

Time for the liner. Line the water line with black eyeliner and line the upper lash line with liquid or gel liner. Create a flick if you'd like.

Add mascara! I also applied some of MAC's Naked Pigment to the tear duct area as well as under the eyebrow. This is an absolutely beautiful pigment if you are looking to add one to your collection!

Skin before and after. I have a lot of redness in my skin which is the main reason I use foundation almost every day. I have gotten so accostamed to wearing it that I feel naked without it now! For this look, I used Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Maybelline Dream Lumi touch Concealer and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. To get the poreless effect, use a powder puff and press the powder into your skin with a rolling motion. Concentrate this in the middle of your forehead, on either side of your nose and on your chin. For blush, I used Tarte DollFace.

Almost done! On the lips I used a Revlon Colorstay Matte Balm in Mischievous with NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss overtop. Could I be pouting anymore? haha woops!

All done! Have a fantastic New Year! Xx

I-joined-Mobio!Ask-me-any-makeup-or-personal-related-question-and-I-will-answer!

Gold Glitter Holiday Glamour Makeup

Let it snow! For the past day or two it has really been coming down in the northeast and it definitely makes it feel super festive for the holidays. Another thing that makes everything fun and festive is a really dramatic and glamorous look for your holiday parties. If you are in need of a fantastic look and aren't scared of a little glitter, take a look at the video! Thanks! xx

Soft + Romantic Day to Night Makeup-NAKED 3

Hey guys! I love experimenting with a new palette, especially one as gorgeous as the new Naked 3! The colors are all so pretty and complement each other so nicely, the possibilities are endless! For this post, I created a look that is perfect for a day to night transition. It is smokey and romantic yet soft and subtle enough to wear all day long without looking like a drag queen :-).

For a great base, I love starting with my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk all over the lid, inner corner and up to the brown bone.

After that's all blended in, I put the color Burnout all over the lid and all along the lower lash line (swatch in corner).

To start building that smokey effect, take Nooner and a fluffy brush, and blend it all throughout the crease and into the inner corner. Blend out the edges as needed.

To smoke this makeup out, take the same fluffy brush and work Darkside into the crease and the "outer V." Also run this color along the outer corner of the lower lash line.

Now to brighten it up! Take Buzz and place it just on the center of the lid, keep packing it on until it really shines!

I love Strange for a highlight color. It is the perfect balance between matte and shimmery. Place this liberally under the brow bone and in the tear duct area.

For added definition, line the upper lash line and the water line.

Apply mascara!

Apply your favorite blush and a neutral shade of lipstick.

All done!!

Thanks so much for stopping by :-). XX

UD NAKED 3 Palette!

It's hereee! The much anticipated Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay! The theme of this palette is rose gold. You open it up and it just glows immediately with rosy hues, its absolutely gorgeous! The pigmentation, of course, is amazing, and I am so pleased with the mix of matte and shimmery shades. The packaging is very similar to the Naked 2 palette...its a metal container that snaps shut. It retails for $52 and comes with a high quality double-sided brush. The shade I have been using most for everyday wear is Burnout. It's a pinky/gold shade with fine shimmer. Now onto the pictures!

This is a great option for a gift this holiday season or a treat for yourself! Thanks so much for stopping by! xx

5 Tips for Dry Under-Eyes

Hi guys! There are some fantastic things about this time of year...the holiday lights everywhere, Christmas music on the radio, fresh snow falls, reading by the fireside- I could go on and on! I love the cozy feeling of the holiday feeling...what I don't like is the havoc that the chilly weather can reek on our skin! My skin changes significantly from season to season. During the warmer months, it tends to be combination/oily and I only really wear mattifying foundations to keep the greasiness under control. During the colder months, my skin starts to crave moisture and it can get super dry and irritated. I have sensitive skin to begin with, so when it gets dry I have to use the most gentle products to avoid a burning or stinging sensation. The area that becomes the most problematic, though, is definitely underneath the eyes. If your like me, this area can become dry, flaky, irritated and prone to fine lines and wrinkles. So, through lots of trial and error I have come up with a few ways to keep that area nice and moisturized during these longgg winter months!

1. Argan Oil

It is no secret I ADORE Argan Oil. It is something I use in one way or another every single day. If you aren't already using this and you suffer from dry under-eyes, you definitely need to pick some up. There are two ways to use Argan Oil that will help that area. One, use it as your makeup remover. Harsh chemically makeup removers are going to sting and irritate already dry eye areas and they will further dry you out. Argan Oil is moisturizing and extremely gentle. Two, use it as a nightly moisturizer just in the under-eye area. You can use this all over your skin, but if you have another preferred moisturizer just placing it under your eyes is a great way to inject some moisture. Use it directly after a shower and it should absorb pretty quickly. Just before you go to bed apply a second round of Argan Oil or a super moisturizing under-eye cream.

2. Change up your face wash

A lot of us use face washes that target blemishes. These face washes often contain harsh ingredients that are typically very drying...great for acne, not so great for moisture. If you are really suffering from dry skin, you may want to consider changing up your skincare routine with a different face wash. Go for one that seals in moisture and doesn't strip off your natural oils. Some examples of this type of face wash are: the Soy Face Cleanser from Fresh, Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, and Lancome Galatee Confort Milky Creme Cleanser. This will help your entire face feel more nourished including underneath your eyes.

3. Consider your concealer

Concealer is something that most of use on a daily basis to cover those pesky dark circles. It is a fantastic tool for coverage, but can be dry skin's worst nightmare. Dry, flaky under eyes covered with concealer is both unsightly and uncomfortable. To help remedy this, I highly recommend finding a concealer with moisturizing properties. Go for anything that's creamy and rich. I am a HUGE fan of Benefit's Erase Paste. It is insanely moisturizing and the coverage is fantastic. I would also recommend NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and MAC Studio Finish Concealer.

4. Powder power!

When you think about a powder, you think about something that sets your makeup and controls oil. Well, the setting part is great, but we really don't want to put something that is meant to suck up all excess oil beneath our eyes where it is already very dry. Putting a typical oil-controlling powder under there will further increase the dryness and emphasize fine lines...yuck! I did this for a long time, reluctantly but without much of a choice...there really aren't many powders that don't dry your skin. Until...I came across Stila's Hydrating Finishing Powder! I found it on Hautelook and was so siked. It helps to set your under-eye concealer without over drying. Before seeing this I didn't even know hydrating powder existed...it kind of seems like an oxy-moron! bareMinerals and Josie Maran make similar products...give them a try!

5. Choose your cream carefully!

The under eye cream you use is very important and, unfortunately, may take some trial and error to find the right one for you. I have purchased very high quality creams that irritate and dry my skin, I have purchased inexpensive creams that I love. Keep in mind I have very, VERY sensitive skin, especially under my eyes. More often than not a cream will cause my skin to react badly as opposed to positively. If you are not using an under eye cream at all, I definitely suggesting starting that regiment. It will not only help dry skin now, but it will reduce the formation of fine lines and winkles later one. Currently I am using Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with avocado, which is pretty nice. In the past, I have really liked Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream and bareMinerals Renew and Hydrate eye cream is nice for the price.

Another quick tip: During the winter we are constantly blasted with dry heat, which does not help our dry skin. Putting a humidifier in your bedroom at night to help add moisture to the very dry air may also aid your skin.