New Years Eve Glamorous Gold-Naked 3 Palette

It's almost the new year! I don't know about all of you but I am sure hoping that 2014 is about a million times better than 2013. Before we kick off the new year, many of us have parties and shindigs that require great outfits and equally fantastic makeup. Stumped trying to think of a makeup look to wear? Try this one out! It's dramatic yet very wearable. I also used almost all of the colors from the Naked 3 palette which I imagine many of you makeup junkies got for Christmas! Enjoy! And I so appreciate your continued support :-)

Take Darkside from Naked 3 and the smaller end of the dual-ended brush and pack the color onto the inner corner of the lid. Don't be shy with this, the heavier the color in this part of the eye, the smokier your overall look will be.

Using Darkside again, and the same brush, pack the color onto the outer corner of the eye, leaving the center of the lid clear. You can also connect the two sides by placing the shadow through the crease.

To darken and intensify the outer corner, take Blackheart from N3 and place it over Darkside on the outer corner. Pack the color onto one side of a flat shader brush (MAC 219) and use the clean side to blend and sweep the color inward. This will give it the gradient effect that you see moving up through the crease.

Can't have New Years makeup without a little glitter right?! For this part I chose Museum Bronze pigment from MAC. Spray your brush with a bit of water or setting spray and press the pigment gently onto the center of the lid. Also apply some just to the center of the lower lash line. This creates a very ethereal and sexy look.

Time for the liner. Line the water line with black eyeliner and line the upper lash line with liquid or gel liner. Create a flick if you'd like.

Add mascara! I also applied some of MAC's Naked Pigment to the tear duct area as well as under the eyebrow. This is an absolutely beautiful pigment if you are looking to add one to your collection!

Skin before and after. I have a lot of redness in my skin which is the main reason I use foundation almost every day. I have gotten so accostamed to wearing it that I feel naked without it now! For this look, I used Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Foundation, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, Maybelline Dream Lumi touch Concealer and MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. To get the poreless effect, use a powder puff and press the powder into your skin with a rolling motion. Concentrate this in the middle of your forehead, on either side of your nose and on your chin. For blush, I used Tarte DollFace.

Almost done! On the lips I used a Revlon Colorstay Matte Balm in Mischievous with NARS Turkish Delight lip gloss overtop. Could I be pouting anymore? haha woops!

All done! Have a fantastic New Year! Xx

I-joined-Mobio!Ask-me-any-makeup-or-personal-related-question-and-I-will-answer!

3 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful look, I love it! I'm desperate to try this palette :)

    Jo x
    www.woobered.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfection!