Classic Holiday Makeup w. A Twist

Cut Crease For Hooded Lids Dramatic Makeup!

Marc Jacobs Marvelous Mousse Foundation Review+Demo

Allure Magazine Best of Beauty 2014 Winner! Best Full Coverage Foundation <3

MAC X THE SIMPSONS Review and Demo!

Helloo peoples of the world! I went out on a limb and picked up a few of the MAC x The Simpsons Lip Glasses. These colors are definitely funky, but the quality and feel is fantastic. Hang out with me while I discuss these glosses, apply them and swatch them!

My Top 5 Drugstore Mascaras!

Hi! Whether you are a beauty guru or a makeup newbie, most of us purchase mascara at some point or another. It is many of our "if I were stranded on a desert island" product and it can instantly and effectively elevate any look. I mean, who doesn't love longer, fuller lashes?! I have tried a lot, and I mean A LOT of drugstore mascaras...always trying to find the diamond in the ruff (rough?). Well, I can officially say I have found 5 incredible mascaras that are not only affordable but available at your local CVS! Check out my top pics!

Don't forget to stay tuned to the end for my 6th "honorable mention!"

Dorothy Wang (RKOBH) Inspired Full Glam Makeup- Ft. Krissy!

Hi there! Welcome back to my little internet home. I don't know about you, but my guilty pleasure when it comes to reality TV is ..without a doubt...Rich Kids of BH. I mean, who doesn't love watching beautiful people with lots of money run around in California? Every character on RKOBH is glamorous, but today I am channeling Dorothy Wang's smokey eye, flawless-glowing skin, and nude lip on my dear friend Krissy. I had a BLAST doing this makeup, and as you can see in the video, there were tons of giggles happening throughout. I am so siked about this video and I really hope you like it. Give it a share so maybe Dorothy will see it herself!! Enjoy and thanks for stopping by!! xxx

Make Small Eyes Appear BIGGER With Makeup!

Ladiess! Who doesn't want large, wide-awake and gorgeous looking eyes? I certainly do! Throughout the years and my ever-growing obsession with makeup, I've managed to pick up tons of great tips and tricks for exactly this purpose. As someone with smaller eyes myself, I have tested these tips out for myself and have found that they create great results! Grab a drink and a snack, relax and watch this makeup tutorial that shows you step by step how to achieve wider and larger looking eyes :-)

Ghalichi Glam: Lilly's Ghalichi's Live Makeup Seminar Products + Uses

Hi there! Last night I watched Lilly Ghalichi's makeup artist, Bria Valencia, transform her into a glam goddess! For those of you who don't know, Lilly Ghalichi starred on the reality show Shah's of Sunset and is also an entrepreneur, designer and a lawyer (quite accomplished!). The live "seminar" was hosted by Stageit.com and the viewers were able to watch the entire thing in real time. I thought this was really neat. As opposed to viewing a youtube video that has been edited-we got to see EVERY detail that went into the final look from eyeshadow to contour! Although the lighting was a bit sketchy at times, it was fascinating to see a professional makeup artist go from start to finish on completely bare skin. I won't lie, I was entranced for the entire 2 hours! Totally worth the $10.

During the live show, comments were constantly running through the message board to the right of the video. The whole time people were asking for product names to be repeated and what certain things were used for. I tried my best to make note of everything Bria did and the products she used so that I could post it and people who missed some or all of the show had something to reference. I can't wait until another one of these comes around, I really wish lots more celebrities would do them! Here is what I gathered from the live seminar.

Skincare:

Lilly uses Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub and Murad moisturizer, eye cream and sunscreen (she said she uses Murad for everything else aside from the Biore scrub and specified these products in particular).

**No, I did not miss it...Bria didn't use primer or setting spray**
**Makeup powder puff was by Makeup Forever**

Makeup:

Step 1: Foundation-
MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC44 all over the face using a large flat foundation brush. (Lilly said at the end that she also uses NC42 when she is lighter). The foundation was blended with a dry Beauty Blender.

Step 2: Brows-
Lilly's brows were filled in starting at the outer corners and feathering inwards, with
 the least amount of coverage at the ends closest to her nose. Bria used a small angled brush and MAC eyeshadow in Espresso. She then shaped and enhanced the brows using Giella Cosmetics concealer (shade not mentioned). She placed it underneath and above the arch of the brow. This concealer was set with Ben Nye Banana Powder.

Step 3: Eyes
Bria began by shaping the crease and outer corner of the eye with MAC eyeshadow in Cork. For most of the eyes she used fluffy blending brushes of varying shapes and sizes from Sigma. She placed Cork on the outer portion of the lid, through the crease and also on the side of the bridge of the nose.

She then deepened the crease and outer corner color with an Anastasia Beverly Hills plum colored eyeshadow (specific name was not mentioned).

Bria also placed MAC's Museum Bronze loose pigment all over the lid.

Bria continued to build up the smokiness of the look with Cork and the plum color.

She then softened the outer edges of the smokey eye with a peach color made from mixing MAC's Samoa Silk and Soft Brown.

MAC's Blacktrack gel eyeliner was placed close to the lash line and then buffed upwards to create a smokey affect as opposed to a harsh line.

Lilly's lashes were curled using a MAC eyelash curler and mascara was applied using L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Black Lacquer.

Bria came back to the eyes after some face work, but before this she cleaned up all the fall out with a MAC makeup wipe.

Step 4: Concealer

Bria applied concealer next using Ben Nye Cream Foundation in Light Japanese. She applied it underneath the eyes in a triangular shape down to the side of the nostrils and back to the hairline next to the eye.

MAC Mineralize Concealer in NW20 was then applied overtop of the Ben Nye foundation (concealer).

Ben Nye Banana Powder mixed with MAC's Prep and Prime loose powder were applied to set the under-eye concealer.

Step 5: Contour

Bria created Lilly's contour using a MAC cream face product called Copper Beach. Copper Beach was applied underneath the cheekbones, down the sides of the nose, at the tip of the nose, at the jawline, and across the entire forehead.

It was blended using a damp Beauty Blender. Bria used a gentle pressing motion as opposed to a swiping motion to keep the contour intact.

Bria went over the cream contour with MAC's Studio Fix Powder in NW45 (a face powder/foundation for darker skintones) to deepen and set the color.

MAC's Studio Fix Powder in Lilly's color (not specified) was then applied over the concealer.

Step 6: Back to Eyes

Bria then went back to the eyes and applied MAC's Teddy Eyeliner in Lilly's waterline and slightly along the lower lash line.

She then patted Inglot eyeshadow in #52 along the lower lashline to enhance color and smokiness.

Lilly Lashes eyelashes were then applied. Two styles were stacked, Tehran and Paris. They were applied using DUO Dark-Toned Lash Glue.

Step 7: Back to Face

Bria then applied blush using MAC's Honey Jasmine.

Highlighter was placed on the tops of her cheek bones and along the bridge of her nose. Cheekbone highlighters were New Vegas by MAC and I Am Glam by Giella Cosmetics. Highlighter used on her nose was MAC Global Glow.

Step 8: Lips

Bria began by lining Lilly's lips with Inglot lipliner in #854 (brown shade).

MAC NW45 Cream Foundation was applied underneath the center of Lilly's bottom lip to create the illusion of a larger lip.

Lipsticks were then applied using MAC High Tea and Shy Girl.

Inglot lipgloss in #43 (a white gloss) was then applied to the center of the lips to make them appear fuller.

MAC Prep and Prime Powder was used for further highlighting and setting around the face.

Done!!

Additional Info:
Lilly's lighted mirror and vanity are by Vanity Girl Hollywood

Lilly's favorite NUDE LIPSTICKS are:
Myth by MAC
Nude by Dior
Fleshpot by MAC
*applied under a pink or peach gloss*

FAQs:
Why did Bria use a powder puff while applying Lilly's makeup?
Using the powder puff allows Bria to place her hand on Lilly's face for support without disrupting the foundation and creating smudges.

Why was the Beauty Blender dry..why..why...WHYYYY ?
People got so heated about this. First off, Bria is a professional makeup artist working on a celebrity, I'm sure if the Blender is dry there is a valid reason.
What Bria said was that she uses a dry Beauty Blender on products with more emollient (easily blended) formulas. Products with dryer and less emollient formulas are used with a damp Beauty Blender.

Why was the loose powder used (Banana Powder, MAC Prep and Prime powder)?
The powder was used to set the concealer so it stays put for a long time. It was also used to highlight certain areas further.

That's all of the FAQs I can think of right now..please leave any additional questions below and let me know if I left anything out.
Thanks for stopping by, hope this was helpful!xx

Dark Lips + Dewy Skin Sultry Summer Makeup

Hi! There is nothing I love more than experimenting with makeup! Check out my most recent creation featuring rich, dark lips and moisturized, dewy skin. Don't forget the eyes with a smoky, iridescent purple vibe.

Get Ready With Me: Casual Summer Day

Hi! We all know that the best summer days are the lazy ones, and I am as lazy as they get when it comes to getting ready to go out during these hot and humid days. But, we all want to look at least presentable right? There are many days when I skip the makeup completely and go out, but sometimes the beauty Gods beckon just a bit more effort. On those days, you want a quick and simple routine that will pull your look together just enough with minimal effort. Personally, these types of routines are my favorite. Watch the vid and get ready with my awkward self for a casual summer day :-)

Marc Jacobs Smart Wand Tinted Face Stick-1st Impressions

Hi there! Thanks so much for stopping by :-). Today I have done a quick video for you on the new tinted face balm from Marc Jacobs. (PS--this is now completely sold out at Sephora!).
This product is especially suited towards those seeking hydration and glow for their skin. There are four color options total and I chose the second lightest, Light/Medium. It turned out to be a really great match for my skin currently. The coverage is very sheer and natural so it's not super problematic if the color isn't a perfect match for your skin...after buffing it in it should blend nicely. This is a pricey product at $42. However, the packaging is high quality and very compact making it excellent for traveling. It's also something you could carry around easily in your purse for touch-ups. My biggest concern about this product was how it would wear in the summer heat given how moisturizing it is. I took a lot of precautions, but with those in place it actually wore very nicely and I wasn't a complete oil slick by the end of the night! What helped was an oil controlling primer and a mattifying powder as well as an oil control spray- yes I was not taking any chances! Overall I rated the product a 6/10 in my video...and I think that rating is still accurate after getting some more wear out of it. Watch the video for my first impressions on the product and a first hand look at its application and coverage quality :-).

July 14' Favorites!

July was one of the best months to date. I got married and had the most amazing week of my life! July 2014 will certainly be going in the record books for me :-).

Along the way and a midst (wait is that really two words??) the excitement I managed to gather a few special products that have stood out to me these past 30 days. They are the ones I have reached for the most and been the most excited about! They are all super wearable products that I absolutely love!! Enjoy!

Products Mentioned::
Jouer Sheer Bronzing Tint
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder- Mood Light
Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette-Streak
MAC blush-Raizin
Benefit's Gimme Brow-Light
Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick- Agatha

NEW! Ciate LashLights- 1st Impression

Hi again! Summer time and all but zero responsibility makes me a very productive blogger! I only wish this could be my life all year round! Anyways, today I wanted to share with you my first impressions of the new product from Ciate called LashLights. Ciate is most well-known for its innovative nail products (enter:: Caviar manicure, Shell manicure ect.). This is actually the company's first makeup release to my knowledge, which is exciting, because overall the product is awesome! It's basically a highly pigmented colored mascara that you paint onto the tips of your lashes (ideally) or the whole lash. I promise, this stuff shows up! Retails for $17 and there are currently 6 color options (green, navy blue, aqua, pink, purple, electric blue). I have the light blue (called Surreal).

Oh I almost forgot! I was concerned about removal of the product after wear. First of all, it is definitely waterproof but it CAN be removed with my fav Boscia Makeup Breakup Oil. A little rubbing required but def. do-able :-)

If you like the way it looks in the vid below, act quickly! The Ciate website claims that these are limited in stock!

Creative Way to Use Your Wedding Cards!

Hi there! So for those of you who have gotten married recently you may be asking yourself the same question I asked myself...these wedding cards are SO beautiful, but I really don't want them to just sit in a box forever, what can I do? I really wanted to display my wedding cards somehow and I couldn't find a creative solution that I loved online. So, I meshed a few different ideas that I saw and came up with the concept of a picture frame. The picture frame contains a piece of each and every wedding card that I received. Worried about losing the personal messages? Fear not, we take care of that :-). Now, I am NOT a creatively inclined person by any stretch of the imagination. So, I promise, if I can make this look good, ANYONE can. The entire process takes a few hours and ideally a night for everything to dry, but it's totally worth it. Keep reading to learn how to do it!

What you'll need::
Scissors/ Paper cutter
Wedding Cards

A paper-cutter works wonders for this project. I happened to be at my childhood home where my Dad has a bunch of office material, including one of these giant paper-cutters!
Go through each of your cards and cut down the center fold, separating the pretty front display from the  area with the personal messages.

When you are done splitting all of your cards, you will have two piles: one with all of the fronts and one with all of the backs. Some of your cards may have personalized messages written on the back of the decorated part, if that's the case, don't worry I will show you what to do next.

Using your paper-cutter or scissors, begin cutting the decorated pile of cards into thin ~one inch sections. I cut some cards lengthwise and some widthwise. I suggest you do that same because the different sizes will come in handy.
At this point, if part of the card has a personalized message, simple cut off that part and cut the rest of the card into strips.
You should end up with something like what the picture above depicts.
I kept my strips into rough piles so that I could make sure to utilize strips from each different one for variety.

Next, take your glue and spread it over the corner section of the interior of your picture frame. It should be a thick-ish cardboard type material with a rectangular hole in the center where you place your picture of choice.
Take a variety of different strips and place them over the glue so that they overlap a bit, leaving no white space, and also creating a patchwork look.

This is what it will look like to start. I did not bother cutting the ends off of the strips, it would be way more time consuming and we can do it more quickly later.
As you can see, I used no pattern when choosing my strips-I wanted a very eclectic and random look, nothing too thought-out.

Continue this exact same process...spread out some glue and then choose several strips to lay. I did trim the strips so that they wouldn't overlap into the opening for the picture. It seemed easier just to do it then and there instead of after, but the choice is yours.

Making progress! I have continued laying glue down and then placing random strips on top, all facing the same general direction. The tape roll is holding down a piece of card that was sticking up. As you may notice, I have circled two objects that stand out. I purposely laid the strips so that these images would be intact because I liked them so much- but that is entirely up to you!

Voila! The most difficult and time-consuming part of this project is DONE! Your beautiful masterpiece is almost complete. And yes, for me, this is a beautiful masterpiece because mostly when I try DIY stuff it turns out horribly :-)

Ok, next I placed the backing to the picture frame over my creation along with a heavy box of materials. I wanted everything flattened and secure, so I left it this way overnight.

In the morning, everything was STUCK and secure.

Now it's time to trim those edges, so take a pair of scissors and from the frontside or the backside, start cutting off the pieces that flow over.

All trimmed up and ready for the frame!

Nearing completion! Place your decorated board into the frame.

Secure the backing of the frame over your decorated piece.

All that's left to do now is choose your favorite wedding picture and display your new frame-that has tons of personal meaning!!

Thanks so much for stopping by, please let me know if you have any questions :-)

Special thanks to Layla for the help :-) xxx

L'Oreal Visible Lift Blur Foundation + Blush:: Demo and Review!

Hi there! Today I am reviewing for you a drugstore foundation that Youtube beauty guru Nicole Guerriero recently suggested in one of her videos. I hadn't thought to purchase this foundation but sometimes all it takes is a good recommendation to take the plunge and try something :-). I wanted to try the blush as well to see what that was all about. An "optical blurring" claim is always attractive, but you'll see if it actually delivered! Enjoy! XX

Summary of Foundation:
Packaging- Poor Good Great
Color Selection- Thorough, 12 shades in all
Scent- Minimal, slightly of sunscreen
Texture- Standard (not runny or thick)
Coverage- Medium
Finish- Natural
My shade currently: Nude Beige
Blush shade: Soft Peach

My Nespresso Vertuoline:: Info and Demo

Hi there! Well, you know your a certified coffee addict when you make a video about your new coffee machine. My Maid of Honor's family got this machine for me as my wedding gift and I have been so thrilled with it so far. If you love a strong and flavorful cup of coffee thats perfect every time, you may want to consider purchasing this machine!

I did have a Keurig for a while and, while its much cheaper, it seemed to start acting up pretty early on it it's life. It would make half cups of coffee or make cups that had a weird taste. Did I clean it as frequently as I should have? Probably not...but for these reasons I decided to move on from Keurig to greener pastures.

Photo Cred:: blog.Williams-Sonoma.com

The Nespresso Vertuoline makes coffee and espresso using coffee pods similar to the ones used by the Keurig. The pods are pricey at just under $1 per pod (~.95 cents), but if you wake up looking forward to your cup of coffee like I do, it may just be worth it. You can purchase additional accessories such as the Nespresso coffee steamer to create drinks like lattes and cappuccinos...the machine itself does not make those drinks ((which I actually didn't realize until I used it)). I am the only coffee drinker between my husband and I but he enjoys the occasional espresso or cappuccino. This machine works well for me because the pods last quite a while given that I am the only one using them.

Overall, I've really enjoy every single cup of coffee brewed by the Vertuoline. I really hate when I sound like an info-mercial :-/. If your at all interested in how it works and some quick basis about the machine, check out the video below :-)

NEW! Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick 1st Impressions + Demo

Hi everyone! Hope you are all well. I recently purchased two lip colors from Kat Von D's new Studded Kiss Lipstick line. There's a huge array of colors with both matte and metallic/iridescent shades. There are wearable colors and some crazier colors too, like navy blue metallic! The whole collection isn't in stores yet but a couple shades really caught my eye so I purchased them online. I chose Agatha, a very light nude/pink- and Lovecraft, a mauve, berry shade (a la Kylie Jenner). A few shades have already sold out so act quickly if you like them! They retail for $21 at Sephora.

Overall, I really love these lipsticks so far. They are matte, yet hydrating and are comfortable on the lips. Unlike most matte lipsticks, they don't cling to dry patches or go on unevenly and sticky. They really glide on and produce a TON of color pay off. Even if you have "pigmented" lips like me you will have great success with these shades. Which one will you choose for your summer days and nights?!

Enjoy the quick demo video :-)

My Eyeshadow Palette Collection Part 1

Hi everyone! I just love summer don't you? It makes me so happy to see the sun shining and feel the warm air. I wish it wasn't so damn short in my part of the world. Anyways, today I bring to you the first part of my eyeshadow palette collection. I have been "acquiring" palettes for several years now and I have a pretty solid collection at this point so I thought I would let you into my world of hoarding for a short while. If I were to do a 7 deadly sins series...I think this would qualify as gluttony, because it's certainly excessive and indulgent; but, we all have our vices right...? I know I have been on a Youtube kick lately so I really appreciate all of you that take a few minutes to click "play." I am just over 200 subscribers now! No Michelle Phan...but it's a start right? Enjoy the video and don't forget to comment and subscribe :-)

Pinterest Hacks-Super Long Pony Tail

Hi everyone! Fun post for you today! So often we see great looks on Pinterest that not only look gorgeous but SO easy...just 3 simple steps right? But, if your like me, more often than not you try these fantastic looks and realize that they, basically, look awful. Maybe they are more difficult than they look, or they don't work on your hair type, or there is some pivotal step that is not pictured and you get all confused. I decided to start a quest of sharing my investigation of these "Pinterest hacks" with you! Today, together, we are exploring the "super long pony tail." The nifty trick that instantly makes your short, cute ponytail, long and glorious like a horse's mane....something like that. Was it a YEY or a NEY? You decide! XX

Darken Your Foundation For Summer!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry for the sporadic posts lately, I got MARRIED on Friday July 4th and it has been quite a whirlwind! But SO much fun, it couldn't have gone any better. I will share pictures when I get them back from the photographer :-).

Photo cred: Thefashionthemakeupthecharm.blogspot.com

Last summer, I made the mistake of purchasing a new foundation to match my tanned skin. I bought a drugstore foundation, so not super pricey, but it still ended up being a waste of product and money because I only ended up using it once or twice. So, for this summer I decided to go a different route so that I could use my foundations year-round. I already had some bronzing primers in my makeup arsenal, so I decided to put them to use. I used the trick shown in the video to bronze up my foundation and make it match my skin perfectly no matter how tan I get. Enjoy and don't forget to leave feedback! It's super helpful for me :-).

Thanks for stopping by! XX

Contouring with MAC's Raizin

Hello all! Today I will be showing you, via video, how I use MAC's blush in Raizin to contour. I came across this blush randomly at MAC one afternoon and thought it may serve a great purpose in my ever-growing makeup collection. I typically use blushes with a more taupe/grayish undertone for contouring, but with it being summer, you can actually get away with more redish/brown tones. Which is exactly what this blush has, redish/brown undertones. I was a bit skeptical at first but I am actually really pleased with the final result. Let me know what you think! XX

Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation First Impression

Hi everyone and happy summer! With the hotter temps and humidity upon us, we are all searching for the perfect no foundation foundation! Enter: Perricone MD. Anything new and innovative tends to grab my attention, and this product is no exception. It seems to be the first of its kind and has definitely been making an impression on the beauty community. The reviews have been all but amazing, so I knew I HAD to try it for myself! Check out the video below to see me apply the foundation and give my first impressions!

Update:
Originally, I had a really fantastic first impression of this foundation. I couldn't really find anything wrong with it! I've worn it several times since the video and have a few updates for you.

1.) This foundation applies greasy. So, you put it on and your face looks shiny right away. The shininess goes down as the foundation sinks in, but you really need a mattifying powder for this guy.
2.) Wearing power is probably 4-6 hours, no oxidation that I can see.
3.) Foundation generally stays put in sweaty temps.
4.) Hasn't broken me out, but no skin benefits to be seen yet.
5.) Have been applying this consistently with my fingers as opposed to a brush, this seems to work best.

Thanks so much for stopping by! XX

Concealing Undereye Darkness AND Puffiness

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing with you my fool-proof routine for concealing undereye darkness AND puffiness. Concealing darkness is pretty straight forward, but hiding those pesky bags can be a bit more tricky. Enjoy the video!!

Thanks so much for stopping by :-)!

5 Easy & Cheap Ways To Reduce Breakouts!

Hellooo! I am back from my long hiatus from posting. I have been so busy I haven't had the energy to do one of my favorite things...makeup! But, here I am again with a few really easy and cheap ways to prevent and reduce breakouts-no new products needed!

1. CLEAN Your Makeup Brushes!

I know how much of a pain and a chore cleaning your brushes is, but it is one of those really important things when it comes to preventing blemishes. I am the first to admit, this is something I avoid like the plague. The great thing is, a full and thorough clean isn't necessary all of the time. I do a "deep clean" about once per month, which really isn't that much, but it seems to help keep the breakouts at bay. In between deep washes, it really helps to do quick cleans with alcohol or spray brush cleaner (I really like Beauty So Clean products) to help control bacteria, oil and whatever else is living in your favorite foundation brush :-)

2. WASH Your Pillow Case (s)!

Another somewhat annoying but very important chore! I have noticed a big change in the
number of breakouts I've had, especially on my cheeks, since I started washing my pillow cases weekly (or every time you do laundry). Just throw them in with your other clothes and enjoy clearer skin!

3. REMOVE Your Makeup Before Exercising!

I have become a huge fan of grabbing a makeup removing wipe and cleaning my foundation off prior to working out//sweating. I have noticed an improvement in my skin since performing this simple step!

4. RESIST The Laziness!

Ugh...washing your face at the end of the night...any night but especially those really, really fun and long nights...its a huge chore and can be borderline torturous. BUT, it is so important when it comes to keeping those oogly blemishes at bay. Letting your foundation sink into your skin all night when your body is trying to heal and refresh not only increases breakouts, but speeds up the skin-aging process and causes (gasp) wrinkles. Yes it's annoying, but it is so worth it...do it!

5. Don't Touch!

Keep those dirty little paws off your face! I am so guilty of this, I am always touching my face and we are all prone to picking and popping. However, keeping your hands off your face will seriously reduce breakouts. Your hands carry all sorts of things that your skin won't like (bacteria, germs, sweat, oil ect.)- so less touching = happier skin! Also, I have noticed that resisting the (almost impossible) urge to pop whiteheads is super effective in terms of new zits forming AND those annoying and bullet-proof red acne marks.

Those are my 5 easy and virtually free ways to reduce breakouts! Don't forget the obvious...drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, eat well blah blah blah.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! XX

Primer Guide- The Right Primer For Your Skin

Hi all! Makeup shopping can be overwhelming. There are just so many options out there for anything you could possibly imagine. One makeup product that can be life changing is primer. It is applied prior to your foundation and can improve the look of your skin ten fold...but how in the world do you know which one to choose? There are so many out there it's difficult to even figure out where to start. Enter: my primer guide. I provided a drug store and a high end primer option for all of your various needs. Of course, there are several more available in each of these areas... but I always vote to start simple..much less overwhelming! Hope you enjoy!

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer-$33
L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer-$11

Tarte Poreless Perfecting Primer- $30
NYX Shine Killer Primer- $13

Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl Complex- $42
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Primer- $13

Benefit's The Porefessional- $31
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser- $6

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer- $38
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer- $13

Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer- $33
Elf Hydrating Face Primer- $6

Jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer- $38
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer- $13

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Xx

Follow me!

Bright Tropical Makeup- UD Electric Palette!

Hi! Hope you all are well and enjoying some of the nicer weather. In light of the warmer temps, and my new, super exciting purchase, I wanted to create a bright and colorful eye look. I was unsure at first about how all the colors would mesh but I think they actually go together really nicely! This type of palette is fun because you can really experiment, and all the colors are so gorgeous it's hard to go wrong with any combination. Hope you enjoy what I came up with!

To start, line the lower waterline liberally with a white pencil. This helps the look stay super bright.

Next, use a pencil brush and line the lower lashline with "freak." Extend it out past the end of the lid.

Your next color is "thrash." Place this color on the inner corner, blending it with "freak" where they meet.

Who doesn't love a hot pink eyeshadow!? This has to be one of my all-time favorite colors, hence why it is the dominant color here! Place "savage" all over the lid, blending into the inner corner as well above and next to the lid. Wing it out to match up with the green you already did.

Coat your upper and lower lashes with mascara. This would be a beautiful look for some false lashes, I decided to skip them but I think they would help add definition and more drama :-)

On the lips I used Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Peony (I review several of these in a video coming soon!)
All done! I kept the skin super neutral with foundation and just a touch of light pink blush.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and supporting my labor of love! XX