Gradient Cat Eye Party Makeup

Hi guys! I hope everyone is enjoying this snowy winter. We are certainly getting our fair share of snow here in the Northeast! I love the snow until about February, and then I'm pretty much over it. Unfortunately the winters where I live last through February and beyond. But that just makes Spring all the nicer right? I'm not going to lie I am already anticipating the warm weather. I never used to be so sensitive to cold but it seems like I just hate it more and more every year! I guess thats why people move South...Anyways back to the makeup! Here I created a gradient cat eye with cool tones, perfect for a night out. Enjoy!

To begin, I decided to take a gel liner and a fine tipped brush and create the outline of where I wanted the wing to be. This step isn't necessary for everyone, but it helps to map out the makeup and make sure both sides are symmetrical. It doesn't have to be neat, you are going to cover it up anyways.

For the next step, I took this great color from the BareMinerals Ready Eye Duo Palette in The Flashback, and packed it heavily into that winged area that I mapped out. It takes some persistence to really smudge out that black line you initially made, but I like the end result. It takes a little time to get the color solid.

For the middle color of the gradient I chose Flashtrack from MAC. Take a compact, short shading brush and pack the color onto the center of the lid. Use a blending brush or the clean side to your shader brush and blend the two colors together.

For the lightest color in the gradient, I chose the lighter color from the same BareMinerals duo I used initially. Blend it into the darker blue and also into the tear duct area. The shadow looks a little blotchy in this picture, I had to go back in and pack some extra color in at the end.

To finish the look I added a few steps. First off, I applied MAC Vanilla Pigment to the entire lower lash line. I did not add anything else, not even lower lash mascara. I also added some black liner to the upper lash line for added definition and a set of corner lashes for drama.

This is the skin before and after pic. I used Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation in #22 and a damp Beauty Blender. For concealer I used my Covergirl + Olay stick concealer on my undereye area as well as on my blemishes. I added Cargo blush in Ibiza and set everything with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

To finish off, I added Rimmel Nude Delight Lipstick with NARS Springbreak lip gloss over top. Then you're done!

Hope you enjoyed this look! Thanks for stopping by :-). XX

6 comments :

  1. Wow stunning Hun. Such a lovely tutorial it looks amazing beautiful colour

    Carrieanne x

    Beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your skin has such an airbrushed quality in this look! I also love the eye makeup; dramatic but not too over the top!
    Amber
    Lovely Notions