Kim Kardashian's Au Natural Look

If President Lincoln were alive today I wonder what he would say about the fact the entire world reacts when one human being changes her hair color. Well, love it or hate it, it is the world we live in! After Kim Kardashian had baby Nori, she came out with a brand new look, and I have to say it's doing wonders for her. She's been rocking blonde locks and very natural and toned down makeup (for a Kardashian anyways). I happen to really like this combination of the lighter hair and the natural makeup. I do wish she would tone down the injections a bit because she is starting look a little like an alien. Why do the most beautiful women insist on changing their faces with surgery?? (ex. Megan Fox). Anyways, her makeup is lovely and I thought it would be a great idea to try and replicate it for you! Keep in mind...Kim is still wearing a lot of makeup, it is just done in such away that makes it look very understated. Hope you enjoy!

To start this look, I covered the entire eyelid, crease and entire lower lashline with MAC's Groundwork paint pot. This is a perfect product to start this because it will help to create that smokey yet natural look your going for. It also provides a great base for the rest of your makeup. Don't worry about being too neat with this.

This look is all about layering different products that look similar. This way, you get lots of depth while maintaining the natural vibe. For the second step, I used Quarry by MAC and a big fluffy brush (a blending brush will be your best friend for this look). Blend the product onto the outer 3rd of the lid, up into the crease...also take it along the lower lash-line concentrating on the outer 2/3rds.

Now, its Kim Kardashian, so we have to take it a few steps further. Take a dark, matte brown shadow (I used the dark brown shade from BareMinerals Epiphany duo) and apply it generously to the outer corner of the lid and through the crease. Use a pencil brush to run this heavily along the outer portion of the lower lashline. Make sure to blend the edges out really thoroughly so you have no harsh lines.

It looks like Kim may have a little bit of gold eyeliner on her lower water-line. To maintain that natural look Kim has, I used a gold liner (Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes in Metallic Bronze) but just along the center of my lower lashline.

To finish off the eyes, I added a bit of a highlighter to the tear duct area and slapped on some mascara. Kim may very well be wearing falsies though :-).

Onto the skin...I did a little bit of a different thing with my foundation for this look and it's not something I would ever do this time of year to actually go out. I added a bit of liquid bronzer (Stila) to my foundation (Rimmel True Match) to try and get a more tanned affect, a la Kim Kardashian. It ended up making my skin look quite muddy, but was effective for the overall look. To try and emulate Kim's bone structure, I added lots of concealer in a triangular shape under the eyes and also contoured.

This is the skin done, you can see my skin looks quite tan...again, I don't recommend this if you are as pasty and white as I am right now because you may look slightly ridiculous to the outside world.

I finished off the look with neutral lips...Urban Decay lipstick in Native with NARS lip gloss in Springbreak over top. I TRIED to replicate Kim's side swept bangs but my cowlick unfortunately wouldn't allow that, so I had to hold my hair to the side, haha.

Hope you enjoyed!! Thanks so much for stopping by, and don't forget to comment about the new look of the blog! XX

1 comment :

  1. I love this look Maddy!! And I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete