Day to Night Hairstyle

Hi! I don't know about you guys but I am always searching for new hairstyles to wear to both work and casual events! I have always loved the look of a curled ponytail so I decided to try and make one that looks sleek and professional, but not so drab that you can't wear it to Friday happy hour with your co-workers. Hope you enjoy!

To begin, section your hair off so that you have a manageable amount to start with.

Use a 1" or 1.5" curling iron and begin curling one side of your hair in an outward direction.

Curl the opposite side of your hair in the OPPOSITE direction that you curled the first. So you curled one side outward, curl this side inward. This will ensure that your pony tail will form in one cohesive direction.

Take down the next section of hair!

Repeat the process, curling the same sides in the same directions that you did for your first layer.

Last layer!

Now your full head is curled. As you can see, on the right side the curls are going outward and on the left, the curls are going inward.

Now, brush out all the work you've just done!

Tease the hair on the top of your head. My hair doesn't tease well, so I can't get a lot of volume, but even just a little is helpful for the look!

For added lift, spray the roots of the teased hair with Oscar Blandi Texture and Volume Spray, or some other texturizing spray.

Next, put on a nice, sparkly headband.

Collect the hair in a low ponytail and smooth out the teased area so you have volume but no bumps. And your done!! Pretty simple and very classy.

Hope you enjoyed! XX

Victoria's Secret Angel Inspired Hair + Makeup

Hi everyone! For this post I was inspired by the lovely Victoria's Secret angels. They are the epitome of confidence and sexiness and seem to glow from the inside out! I absolutely love their radiant skin and bronze, sultry eye makeup. So much so that I thought I would try and recreate their seemingly effortless look. I think everyone dreams about looking like Miranda or Doutzen, but with the right hair and makeup we can at least pretend for a little while! Hope you enjoy!

To begin this look I'm using one of my all time favorite products, MAC's pigment in Naked. Its the most beautiful and effortless bronze color. As usual, wet your brush and dip it into the pigment. Then press the pigment onto the skin and smooth it out. I placed this all over the lid and all along the lower lash line.

I wanted to layer a few bronzey colors to achieve a sense of depth with the eye makeup. So I used Half Baked from the Naked 2 palette and placed it through the crease, above the Naked pigment...take this color all the way into the inner corner. Also, run it along the outer corner of the lower lash line.

To create the smokey effect, I used the darker color from the Bare Minerals Epiphany ReadyEyes duo (I have lost my MAC Dark Brown...any dark brown color will do) and blended it gently through the crease and just on the outer corner. Use  large fluffy brush and a circular buffing motion. Also run the color gently underneath the outer corner of the eye. Concentrating the color away from the upper lid will make your eyes look larger and more awake.

Next, use a dark brown eyeliner and buff it into the outer corners of the upper and lower lash lines. Blend out any harsh lines.

Almost there! Use a very dark brown or black shadow (I used Crave from the UD Naked Basics palette) and an angled brush and run it along the upper lash line, creating a wing. Also place it on the outer corner of the lower lash line.

Finish off with bronze or gold eyeliner on the waterline (I used a MUFE eyeliner pencil) and mascara. Concentrate the mascara on the outer lashes.

My camera was dying so I had to combine some steps into one.
 For the skin, I used my Beauty Blender and mixed Laura Mercier's radiant bronzing primer with my Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation. This helps achieve the glowing and slightly bronzed skin that the angels have.
I used my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer under the eyes and a neutral blush. Since I am in my home town for a few days, I don't have many products with me...but I really wanted a highlighter. I used my Naked pigment and it worked as a great highlight for the cheekbones and upper lip!
On the lips, I used L'Oreal Balm in Laze in the Maze with NARS lip gloss in Springbreak.

Done!

To try and match the angel's effortless waves, I curled my hair with my 1.5 inch curling iron and alternated curling directions. This gives it more of a messy, textured look because the curls are not all going the same way.

I really hope you guys enjoyed this! I absolutely loved this makeup look and will definitely be wearing it again. See you soon! XX

Ingrid Nilsen-Missglamorazzi Hair + Makeup!

Hi! Recently I had the idea to do a blog post on the hair and makeup of one my favorite Youtubers, Ingrid or Missglamorazzi! Ingrid was the first person I ever watched on Youtube and one of my very first inspirations to start my blog. I came across her videos randomly one day and was completely hooked on beauty videos after that. So, why not pay her a tribute and recreate her go to hair and makeup! I have seen this particular makeup look on her a lot recently, but I also created it based on the makeup she seems to gravitate towards. The hair is soft and romantic, which is how she typically wears it. Hope you enjoy and thanks to Ingrid for inspiring me to start this blog!

For the skin, I wanted to create a semi-matte look with a lot of youth and radiance. Ingrid always looks so healthy and glowing. To achieve this I used one of my favorite foundation combos, Almay CC Cream and Chanel Perfection Lumiere Foundation. Together, they give you a nice radiance while also controlling oil. Ingrid doesn't have an issue with under eye circles, but they are one of my biggest problem areas. To conceal those as much as possible I used Smashbox BB Eye Cream in a triangular shape and then NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer overtop.

I accidentally did two steps in one here. I coated the entire eye in a soft wash of a rose gold shadow (one of Ingrid's favorite colors). This particular color is from the Naked 3 Palette. I then applied a thicker line than I usually would of liquid liner. I built the line up so that only a small amount of my lid showed when I opened my eye. This seems to be how Ingrid has been wearing her liner lately. I also created a teeny tiny wing.
I also tight lined the upper inner rim of the eye with a waterproof black liner...this is a trick Ingrid uses all the time to add definition to the lash line.

Next, add a highlight color to the inner corner of the eye as well as under the eyebrow. This highlight is always tricky to photograph, you can see it better below:-). This is a trick Ingrid loves and it really brightens up your whole look.

Finish off with your favorite mascara! Ingrid would definitely go for a waterproof mascara, but since I didn't need my makeup to last a long time, I went with a regular formula. I did several coats on the top lashes after curling them and just a light coat on the bottom lashes.

To finish off the look, I added a natural light pink blush and a bright pink lip. Ingrid is pretty adventurous when it comes to lip colors but typically sticks to pinks.

All done!

For Ingrid's signature flowing and romantic locks, I started off my splitting off my hair into sections for curling.

Use a 1 and 1/2 inch curling barrel and curl outwards. This will give you modern and fresh looking curls as opposed to old hollywood style.

Do the same thing on the other side, make sure to curl outwards again.

This is how it will look after that section is curled.

Go on and curl the rest of your hair in the exact same way, curling both sides outward.

Brush out your curls! Ingrid does this a lot to get a natural, soft look.

To finish off the hair, I chose to braid a small section and pin it back, but leaving it down would work as well! And you are all done!

 I started off with the Laura Mercier Radiance Bronzing primer and then mixed Chanel Perfection Lumiere in # 22 with Almay CC Cream in Light.

For underneath the eyes I used the Smashbox BB Eye Cream in Light and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. The blush is Maybelline Fit Me in Light Pink.

The wash of color over the lid is Burnout from the Naked 3 Palette...absolutely love this color!

The inner eye and brow highlight is Venus from the Naked Basics palette...this is a phenomenal highlight color!

For the eyes I also used Stila liquid liner, Josie Maran black eyeliner, L'Oreal Lash Out Butterfly Mascara, and my Tarte eye lash curler.

On the lips I used L'Oreal laLaque in Never Laque-ing with L'Oreal Balm in Laze in the Maze overtop.

I reallyyyyy hope you guys enjoyed this post!! See you soon :-) xx