Tropical Storm Makeup

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting my blog! Today I have a look for you inspired by a storm over a tropical island. The dark clouds over bright blue water with super nude, barely there lips. I absolutely love the way this combination of colors turned out! Hope you enjoy!

To begin, cover the entire lid with a silver cream eyeshadow base. I used Be a Bombshell shadow in Chrome Sweet Chrome.

Next, line the lower waterline with a BRIGHT blue liner. I am in love with this liner from MAC in Hi-Def Cyan. Its ultra creamy and super blendable, but also lasts beautifully on the waterline.

Your next step is to take a basic, matte black shadow and pack it all over the lid and all along the lower lashline. Don't worry about it being too neat on this step.

Use a fluffy blending brush with a little bit of bronzer and buff out the edges,

Finish off with a few coats of mascara! I also filled in the brows just a bit.

War paint time! When using this method, you actually don't need any foundation. Use a light concealer and a cream based bronzer (I actually used a concealer for darker skin tones) and place it in the areas shown, then thoroughly blend with a damp beauty blender!

Next, go in with a stick concealer (this one is Revlon Colorstay) and provide extra concealing where needed.

Buff in the concealer and set with powder. I slipped the blush for this look.

Finish off the look with an ultra nude lipstick. This is Salute! (discontinued).

Really hope you enjoyed this look!! XX

Spring Style Inspo!

Hi! Another style inspo photo collage for you! Spring is a great time that just beckons bright colors and fun style combinations. And who doesn't love an adorable boyfriend jean!? Hope you enjoy!

Top: Express
Jeans: Citizens of Humanity
Shoes: Sole Society
Earrings: Kate Spade
Watch: Looksy

Thanks for stopping by! XX

3 Steps to Combat Circles + Bags

I don't think there is one woman out there who doesn't struggle with darkness and bags under the eyes. However, some of us are definitely a bit more under-eye challenged than others! I am CONSTANTLY working to figure out the absolute best way to fool unsuspecting people that I do not have permanent 10 day vacation luggage under my eyes. For me, it's genetic, and no matter how much sleep I get I will always be puffy and dark (woohoo!) So, my quest for ultimate coverage continues! I switch my routine up all the time, but I am a fan of this particular coverage technique right now. The placement of the highlighting pen helps to balance out the puffiness so that it appears to be one smooth plain instead of hills and crevices. Then, the stick concealer packs a strong coverage punch to the darkest areas. Set everything with a brightening powder and your good to go! Enjoy!

Products Shown:
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer
Covergirl + Olay Stick Concealer
MAC Prep + Prime Colour Correcting Compact

Naked Basics-Spring

Hi all! Lately I have been loving really simple, natural eye makeup with a pop if color somewhere. For this look, I aimed for a really fresh face with an unexpected lip color. I used the UD Naked Basics palette almost exclusively for the eyes :-). I am so happy it's finally time for some bright makeup! Enjoy!

To begin I primed the lid with Almay liquid shadow for green eyes (a shimmery, translucent bronze). I also applied a nude liner to the lower water line for a bright, wide awake look.

Next, take a fluffy shadow brush and apply W.O.S from the Naked Basics Palette all over the lid. Its a very subtle cream color that really brightens up the lid.

Take a tapered blending brush, I am in love with this one from Sephora, and run Naked 2 from the palette all
 through the crease. I love using a tapered blending brush for this because it does all the work for you, you simply have to pick up some shadow and use a windshield wiper motion through the crease, it blends itself!

Moving on to the lower lid, use the same tapered blending brush and apply Faint messily along the lower lid, concentrating on the outer corner.

Highlight underneath the brow and the inner corner with Venus--one of my all time favorite highlighters!

Finish off the eyes with your favorite mascara.

On the skin, I used a newly re-discovered favorite-Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation with the Tarte Airbuki brush. This combo is phenomenal for a really natural yet completely flawless face, and trust me, my face is far from flawless right now! Under the eyes I focused on highlighting by using my holy grail Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer underneath my Olay and Covergirl stick
 concealer. Finish off the face with a natural blush, I used Maybelline's Fit Me blush
in Light Pink.

Add a bright pop of purple lipstick and your done! I used this amazing color from  Maybelline The Vivids Collection called Brazen Berry.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, work has been nuts!~XX

Simple For Spring

Hey guys! A little bit of a different post today. With the nicer weather approaching everyone is thinking about Spring and Summer fashion! I saw a skirt on Dailylook that I loved and decided to create a really simple and laid back, yet edgy look perfect for Spring! Enjoy!

1- Stylemint.com

2-Ralph Lauren

3-Micheal Kors

4-Dailylook

5- Dailylook

6- Steve Madden

Boscia Makeup-Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil

Hi all! Hope you are enjoying these sunnier days that are starting to resemble Spring, even if they don't feel that way yet :-) Today I wanted to do a quick review on a product I have been loving recently for removing stubborn makeup. I originally went into Sephora looking to buy the Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil, but it was sold out. One of the sales associate recommended the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil and I have been so happy with it so far!

What Is It?
A deep-cleansing blend of botanical oils that dissolves makeup and impurities while refreshing congested skin.-Sephora.com

How I Use It:
This is an interesting cleanser because it works best when you apply it to completely dry skin. Simply pump a dime sized amount into your palm (a little bit goes a longgg way) and work gently into the areas that you want to remove makeup. I use this solely for my eye makeup, but it works on any area.

Why I Love It:
I absolutely love this product because of how gentle it is. Makeup remover can be extremely irritating, especially when applied to the sensitive eye area. It also rarely removes waterproof makeup. The Boscia cleanser not only removes every ounce of makeup, including waterproof, but it does it with zero irritation or drying. It is also significantly cheaper than the Josie Maran pure argan oil that I had been using for this exact purpose previously. I know some people are super hesitant to dabble in oils because they fear it will clog their pores and break them out. I can say this hasn't broken me out yet!

Logistics:
This product can be purchase wherever Boscia is sold--I bought mine at Sephora. I purchased a 5oz bottle for $28 and it should last me several months.

Any Downsides?
The ONLY downside to this product is that I prefer to jump in the shower after using it and apply my normal face wash. It is very oily so I like when I can clean it off completely. This is just my personal preference though :-)

Hope you guys enjoyed this quick little review!! XX

Casual Hairstyle for Layers

Hi guys! I am always looking for the easiest and quickest hairstyles possible for day to day life. I really haven't had the time or the patience to spend a lot of time on my hair, so when I figure out these simple and cute styles I get so excited! This style works great for those of us with layers that don't stay in your typical low side-pony. Enjoy!

To begin, start with dry hair. It can be in your natural state, curly, wavy whatever! My hair is pretty darn straight naturally, so this is what I'm starting with. Bring all the hair to one side.

Take an inch or inch and a half section from the opposite side of your head and bring it forward.

Start wrapping this piece of hair around the base of your pony tail.

Continue wrapping until the entire piece of hair is wrapped around your pony. Then, secure the bottom of the wrap with a hair elastic.

Pull your hair down to cover the elastic.

Pull some strands of hair down in the front and your done!! A quick, easy side pony that will keep your layers in place :-)

Thanks so much for stopping by!! XX

Natural, Glowing Makeup

Hi there! I don't know about you but one of my least favorite things about the long winter is the havoc it wreaks on our skin! Not only does it cause dryness and flakiness, but the lack of Vitamin D gives it such a lackluster look. Blemishes also stand out so much more because there is no tan to cover them up! I am SO ready for Spring and to show my excitement I thought I'd do a post on natural, glowing makeup. This makeup is very understated with a heavy emphasis on healthy and bright skin. I actually really love the way it turned out and I think it will become one of my go-to's!

To begin, I used one of my all-time favorite makeup techniques for brighter, more awake looking eyes. I used a flesh colored pencil (Tarte Inner Rim Brightener) and heavily lined the lower water line.

I knew I wanted a really understated and simple look on the eyes, so just to add a little something to the lid I used Almay liquid shadow 'for green eyes.' Its a bronze liquid that creates a very subtle wash of color with some glitter particles, it also acts as a primer! Great for everyday wear.

Here I used a fluffy pointed blending brush and a taupe shadow (Tease from the UD Naked 2 Palette). I ran it lightly through the crease as well as along the lower lash line, concentrating on the outer 3rd. This helps to add dimension to you eye while maintaining a super natural look.

To really brighten up the eyes, I used my favorite highlighter color (Nylon from MAC), and a pencil brush, and placed it on the inner tear duct area as well as lightly under the eyebrow.

Finish off with some mascara. Concentrate it on the upper lashes and on the outer bottom lashes.

Now onto the skin. A radiant primer is super important for this look. Currently I'm loving MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance, but you can find this type of primer pretty much anywhere. Urban Decay makes a fantastic one and so does Laura Mercier.

I use about one pump and dot it around the center of my face, blending outward. The center is where you want the most brightness. As you can see, my skin has been really troublesome lately with a lot of blemishes on my forehead and chin. A primer typically helps your foundation go on more smoothly and helps hide more of these red marks.

If you want radiant skin, I highlyyy recommend MAC Mineralize Liquid Foundation. It makes your skin extremely bright and..well..radiant! I do not recommend this foundation for people with very oily skin. I am currently just using a sample, but its really doing the job for me right now! A dupe for this foundation is Rimmel True Match!
Under the eyes I streaked one of my favorite products, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer. I continue to go back to this product because it really is so wonderful!

To finish off the skin I applied a nice bright blush (Cargo Ibiza) and some bronzer (NARS Laguna **finally got it!**). I also applied a cream highlighter to the cheek bones and upper lip (Benefit's Watts Up). I did not use any powder at all as our goal is pure radiance!

To complete the look add a nice, natural pink lipstick. I adore this one from Urban Decay (Native)!
And your done!!

I really hope you enjoyed this look! Please leave any suggestions for upcoming posts you would like in the comments section :-). Let's bring on Spring!!! XX