Naked Basics-Spring

Hi all! Lately I have been loving really simple, natural eye makeup with a pop if color somewhere. For this look, I aimed for a really fresh face with an unexpected lip color. I used the UD Naked Basics palette almost exclusively for the eyes :-). I am so happy it's finally time for some bright makeup! Enjoy!

To begin I primed the lid with Almay liquid shadow for green eyes (a shimmery, translucent bronze). I also applied a nude liner to the lower water line for a bright, wide awake look.

Next, take a fluffy shadow brush and apply W.O.S from the Naked Basics Palette all over the lid. Its a very subtle cream color that really brightens up the lid.

Take a tapered blending brush, I am in love with this one from Sephora, and run Naked 2 from the palette all
 through the crease. I love using a tapered blending brush for this because it does all the work for you, you simply have to pick up some shadow and use a windshield wiper motion through the crease, it blends itself!

Moving on to the lower lid, use the same tapered blending brush and apply Faint messily along the lower lid, concentrating on the outer corner.

Highlight underneath the brow and the inner corner with Venus--one of my all time favorite highlighters!

Finish off the eyes with your favorite mascara.

On the skin, I used a newly re-discovered favorite-Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation with the Tarte Airbuki brush. This combo is phenomenal for a really natural yet completely flawless face, and trust me, my face is far from flawless right now! Under the eyes I focused on highlighting by using my holy grail Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer underneath my Olay and Covergirl stick
 concealer. Finish off the face with a natural blush, I used Maybelline's Fit Me blush
in Light Pink.

Add a bright pop of purple lipstick and your done! I used this amazing color from  Maybelline The Vivids Collection called Brazen Berry.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Sorry for the lack of posts lately, work has been nuts!~XX

3 comments :

  1. This look is lovely, you look gorgeous!!!
    thecosmeticsjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This purple shade really brings out the blue in your eyes, would would have guessed! Lovley!
    XX, Elle
    http://mydailycostume.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this lip color on you! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete