Rose Gold Prom Makeup-NAKED 3/High End

Hi everyone! Formals season is upon us so I thought, what better time to upload a prom inspired makeup look? I adore rose gold and wanted this makeup to reflect that! It is very wearable and will go with tons of different dress colors. It will also compliment your rose gold jewelry perfectly...also very easy to re-create! Enjoy!

To begin, prime the lid with your favorite primer so that your makeup lasts. Then, use a white eye crayon and line the lower water-line. Usually I don't like white liner on the waterline, but with this look I think it works great! Also lightly cover the eyelid and the inner tear duct area.

If you love rose gold, you NEED this product in your life. It's Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eye Color in Rose Gold, and its equal parts rose...and gold! Its the most lovely product and will last ALL NIGHT. Take a small amount of this product and coat your eyelid and your lower lash line.

Now it's time to bust out your favorite palette, UD's Naked 3. Use "Trick" and concentrate it in the center of the lid, but blend it over the entire area. This is a gorgeousss rosey bronze color.

Next, use the color "Limit" and with a fluffy blending brush, buff it into the crease.

The next color you will need from your palette is "Nooner." Use the same brush or a more tapered blending brush and work this color into the outer V of the eye and through the crease, also along the outer part of the lower lashline.

Take your favorite liquid liner and create a thin line just above the lashes, with a moderate wing. I used Stila liquid liner.

It's Prom, bust out those lashes!! These are by Ardell and can be found at the drug store. Coat your upper and lower lashes with some mascara before applying your falsies.

On the skin, I used Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet (review here) and applied with my fingers. I used Kat Von D's blush in Por Vida on the apples of my cheeks and swept it back towards the hair line. Define your cheekbones with your favorite bronzer (I used NARS Laguna). Sweep over your T-zone with your favorite mattifying powder.

Finish off the looks with a pretty pink lip that will last. This product is an awesome option from Too Faced in the color Melted Peony.

Your look is complete!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!XX

Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Review + DUPE

Hi everyone, hope you are well! There are some products that are complete no-brainers when it comes to purchasing them. A brand new Chanel foundation required all of 30 seconds to justify and click "buy" from the Nordstom website. I don't have much Chanel makeup, in fact the only thing I do have are foundations...Vitalumiere Aqua and Perfection Lumiere. Vitalumiere Aqua was the first foundation I ever purchased and to this day is my all time favorite. That hasn't stopped my obsessive need to collect many, many...many more, but I can officially say it remains on the top of the list. Perfection Lumiere is lovely as well and delivers a more porcelain finish. They provide a color called 22 Beige Rose that is ideal for my pink undertones...and dammit it keeps me coming back! So, needless to say I was eager and anxious for my new little friend to arrive in the mail...lets see how she did!

Overall Rating

The pictures in this post have absolutely NO photoshopping. Any blurring of imperfections is due solely to the foundation. *Note: in the After pic I did NOT conceal my undereye darkness*

First let's begin with the website description:
A lightweight, oil-free fluid foundation by CHANEL provides you with a gorgeous, long-lasting matte-velvet finish for complexion perfection. Its soft-focus pigments smooth and perfect the skin for a flawless look that lasts all day. Formulated for those with normal to oily skin.

I have to say this description is pretty darn accurate. Let's get into some more specifics.

Finish
The finish of this foundation is self-explanatory. It leaves a velvet look to the skin, just like its name states. It's a soft, matte, and powdery finish. The best part is that it is virtually undetectable on the skin, much like Vitalumiere is. So its matte, but natural at the same time and does not require a setting powder.

Formula
The formula is an interesting one. It is a very fluidy liquid that will run off your hand if you let it. It has absolutely no gel or mousse texture to it...all liquid. I recommend shaking well before applying. It is essentially a liquid to powder formula that applies wet but quickly transforms into a powdery texture.

Application
The directions specifically recommend using your fingers to apply this foundation. I am a total brush person and feel like I get such better coverage that way, but-as directed- I applied it with my fingers. I used sweeping motions over places like my cheeks that need less coverage and patting motions over the more blemish-y areas. Because of its subtlety on the skin, this foundation is extremely buildable and you can add 2 to 3 coats for desired coverage.

Coverage
At first, I was skeptical about the coverage of this foundation. But after viewing these pictures, I'm rather impressed. It really diminished redness and did a nice job concealing my blemishes and pigmentation. However, full coverage will require additional concealing.

Blemish landdd!

Wearing Power
This foundation has average to good wearing power. I wore it all day during my Easter family gathering and was in and out of the sun frequently, getting hot then comfortable then hot again. The foundation wore well, it may require slight touch-ups after 3-4 hours, but the powdery finish makes it pretty durable.

Skin Type
This foundation is most suitable for those with normal to oily skin. For those of us with dry skin it will cling to those areas and emphasize them. It's a solid purchase for summer and the warmer months.

Logistics
This foundation can be purchased wherever CHANEL beauty is sold. I got mine at Nordstrom and it ran me 45 buckaroos. A little steep, but its expected for Chanel and also worth it in my opinion. Colors range from 10 Beige to 70 Beige. The darkest color looks like it would be suitable for tanner skin, but not deep skin tones. However, the lightest color looks like it could be suitable for very pale skin. So, the range is o.k., but not as inclusive as it could be.

OVERALL RATING:  8 out of 10

Dupe....::::

 L'Oreal's Magic Nude Liquid Powder
This foundation has the same liquid to powder formula and provides a very similar finish. The coverage may be slightly better with the Chanel foundation but other than that, definite dupe. If you want to experiment with this new type of formula without dropping the big bucks, give this one a go first!

I hope you enjoyed this review! Please leave any questions in the comments section, I will answer them and know to include them in my next foundation review! XX

Graphic Mint Liner

Hi all! Still disappointing viewership since my domain fiasco...hopefully it will build back up, please share with friends if you don't mind!! Anyways, back to the makeup! I based this look completely around a NARS eyeliner pencil I recently bought and I think its the perfect look for the season. Enjoy!

To begin, I used one of my favorite techniques for brighter, more wide awake eyes. I lined the waterline with a nude pencil, this one is by Tarte.

Next, the star of the show is this bright, minty green eyeliner by NARS called Borrow Street. I drew a thick line and created an exaggerated wing.

Now line directly above the lashline with a liquid liner, follow the line of the wing you created with the green pencil. This is my absolute favorite liquid liner by Stila.

Now for the fun part! Line directly above the green liner, tracing the line and the wing. I like to make sure the green liner extends a little bit beyond the black. This is NOT easy and requires a very steady hand which I actually don't have, especially not after my morning coffee. So don't get discouraged, it doesn't have to be perfect to still look great!

Coat only the upper lashes with some mascara, this one is by Smashbox.

I ADORE this color from Maybelline called Wild Rose. It plays so well off the mint green on the eyes.

On the face I used Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet foundation (review coming soon), NARS Laguna Bronzer and Kat Von D blush in Por Vida :-)

All done, hope you enjoyed and had a fantastic Easter/Passover!! XX

Products Key

Festival Chic

Hey guys, I'm back! Sorry for all the blog issues recently. I went to go to my blog today and realized my domain had completely disappeared! I was so horrified I went immediately to my blog views and saw... ZERO! OMG my life flashed before my eyes... 2 and a half years of building! So, I'm hoping my regular viewers haven't forgotten about me in the last week or so. Prior to discovering my domain issues I was sick with the stomach bug and in NO mood to do beauty stuff, as you can imagine. But, I am back in action now and ready to create some fun beauty looks for you all. In the meantime, here is some more style inspo for all the festivals coming up! Enjoy!

DOMAIN ISSUES!

Hey guys! Sorry about the recent absence of my blog...I was having more domain issues. I've decided to change the domain completely to YourBeautyBanter.com to avoid any further confusion. New posts coming soon!!

Easy Festival Makeup + 90's Lips

Hi! Festival season is upon us again and everybody is gearing up for days of luxury-free living and hours of watching their favorite bands. I am not much of a festival goer, but if I were, I think I would need a few important things in my makeup: Easy, Sweat-proof, Fun! I picture people in tents, limited access to showers and not a lot of time or energy to spend on their makeup. But it IS a music festival so we want to look cool, right? Here is a look I came up with. Enjoy!

No one wants to be cake face or worry about their foundation dripping off at a festival, so I wanted to keep the skin makeup super simple and basic, but with some coverage. I started off with a stick concealer- Photoready by Revlon- and targeted my most problematic areas. When I did this post I was having a terrible breakout on my forehead, hence all the concealer up there and I also always load it up under the eyes.

Enter a BB Cream. This will provide enough coverage, but won't be heavy. This one is The Big Easy from Benefit which I'm trying to love but struggling a little bit with how it applies.

Dot it all over your face and blend in with your fingers. Use a patting motion instead of a rubbing motion on the places that need more coverage.

The skin is complete! As you can see, my skin does not look flawless here, but there is enough coverage to suffice!

On the eyes, with your finger apply a bright lilac cream shadow. This is Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in #18. Totally worth the price tag because this stuff NEVER dries out and is completely budge proof!

I finally found a use for my super fun blue mascara! This is the perfect pop of color to make this look more fun and exciting. I used Eyeko mascara in Midnight Blue.

The 90's are backkkkk! My initial goal was an ombre lip, but the result was much more dark lip liner against a lighter lip stick, circa the 90's. Start with a bright pink and apply it only to the center of the lop and bottom lip.

Next, use a lip liner or, as I used, a dark lipstick and a lip brush. Fill in all the areas that are not already covered with pink.

\
Rub your lips together until the colors are fully blended. Use your brush to further smooth the colors together if needed.

Finished!

Thanks so much for stopping by! XX