Primer Guide- The Right Primer For Your Skin

Hi all! Makeup shopping can be overwhelming. There are just so many options out there for anything you could possibly imagine. One makeup product that can be life changing is primer. It is applied prior to your foundation and can improve the look of your skin ten fold...but how in the world do you know which one to choose? There are so many out there it's difficult to even figure out where to start. Enter: my primer guide. I provided a drug store and a high end primer option for all of your various needs. Of course, there are several more available in each of these areas... but I always vote to start simple..much less overwhelming! Hope you enjoy!

Laura Mercier Radiance Primer-$33
L'Oreal Magic Lumi Primer-$11

Tarte Poreless Perfecting Primer- $30
NYX Shine Killer Primer- $13

Smashbox Photo Finish with Dermaxyl Complex- $42
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Primer- $13

Benefit's The Porefessional- $31
Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser- $6

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer- $38
L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer- $13

Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer- $33
Elf Hydrating Face Primer- $6

Jouer Anti-Blemish Matte Primer- $38
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer- $13

Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Xx

Follow me!

Bright Tropical Makeup- UD Electric Palette!

Hi! Hope you all are well and enjoying some of the nicer weather. In light of the warmer temps, and my new, super exciting purchase, I wanted to create a bright and colorful eye look. I was unsure at first about how all the colors would mesh but I think they actually go together really nicely! This type of palette is fun because you can really experiment, and all the colors are so gorgeous it's hard to go wrong with any combination. Hope you enjoy what I came up with!

To start, line the lower waterline liberally with a white pencil. This helps the look stay super bright.

Next, use a pencil brush and line the lower lashline with "freak." Extend it out past the end of the lid.

Your next color is "thrash." Place this color on the inner corner, blending it with "freak" where they meet.

Who doesn't love a hot pink eyeshadow!? This has to be one of my all-time favorite colors, hence why it is the dominant color here! Place "savage" all over the lid, blending into the inner corner as well above and next to the lid. Wing it out to match up with the green you already did.

Coat your upper and lower lashes with mascara. This would be a beautiful look for some false lashes, I decided to skip them but I think they would help add definition and more drama :-)

On the lips I used Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Peony (I review several of these in a video coming soon!)
All done! I kept the skin super neutral with foundation and just a touch of light pink blush.

Thanks, as always, for stopping by and supporting my labor of love! XX

New! Urban Decay Electric Palette

The latest and greatest from UD! When I saw this palette I knew it had to be part of my collection. Is it something I will get daily use out of?...no, but the colors are SO fantastic I could not pass it up. They are pressed pigments so they give off tons of color and are an awesome texture. I also love the brightness and selection of colors you don't typically see. I completed a look using this palette that will be up soon if you want some ideas! Until then, enjoy the pics!

 My favorites so far are Freak (bright, minty green), Urban (an iridescent purple), and Savage (bright, neon pink). But all of these shades are gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by! xx